RE: [U-Zendo] books of interest

  • Palmer, Ralph
    Message 1 of 9 , May 24 8:32 AM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: U-Zendo@yahoogroups.com [mailto:U-Zendo@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Richard Horvitz
      Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:18 AM
      To: U-Zendo@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [U-Zendo] books of interest

      I did purchase Austin's book and it seems very interesting but I have
      not read it yet. I must admit that I have a serious book buying problem
      and cannot keep up. Argh!

      Hmm. I have that problem with contradance music tunebooks.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 24 9:04 AM

        I did purchase Austin's book and it seems very interesting but I have not
        read it yet.  I must admit that I have a serious book buying problem and
        cannot keep up.  Argh!

        Even if you had started reading it when you first got it, you might not be finished yet. It's a hefty 586 pages---not as bad as the 800 in his first book, but still a daunting read. It has more Buddhism than the first, but still way too much bio-enlightenment for my taste. I know Austin speaks to a particular audience of the scientificaly curious, and I guess there is a market for his kind of book. I just wondered what you thought. Do tell us when you finally get around to reading it.

        Pat

      • Lee Coffey
        Message 3 of 9 , May 24 12:04 PM

          Richard Horvitz <rhorvitz@...> wrote:
          I am always interested in what books Amazon will suggest to me.  Today
          they are suggesting one that might be of interest to Buddhists :^)

           I had a few interesting suggestions from Amazon after I purchased: Bleachy-Haired Honky Bitch: Tales from a Bad Neighborhood -AND- Confessions Of A Recovering Slut: And Other Love Stories.
           Both books are by Hollis Gillespie. Good stuff!!!
           Hollis had a mom who was a "white trash" rocket scientist. Yikes! Redneck Buddhists ain't got a chance there. LOL!
           NPR listeners are probably familiar with Hollis. She rocks.

           be well budds
           d. lee

          Zen buddhismBuddhism

        • Lou Anne Jaeger
          Message 4 of 9 , May 30 8:16 AM
            Ooooh.....haven't done so in many years, but I used to LOVE contradancing when I lived in Maine!!!!