Arising

  • huggie
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2006
      The concepts of "Arising" and "Ceaseing to Arise " have greatly helped
      my practice.
      As the need arises, I use this scale.

      Watch your Self.
      ( the illusion of Self will arise and ceast to arise.)

      If you can't watch your Self, watch your Mind.
      (Thoughts arise and ceast to arise. Allow!

      If you can't watch your mind, watch your breathing.
      ( Breath flows between arising and ceaseing to arise)

      If you can't watch your breathing, watch your body (position)
      (Pains, tensions, itches, sensation will arise; allow them to ceast,
      which they will do.
      Gets faster and easier as you practice it.)

      If you can't watch your body, just read books on Zen.
      (Books on Zen come and go. Sometimes they take a long time.
      I carried Huwang Po's "Universal Consciousness' for over 20 years.)
      Huggie
      "Those who 'watch' do not die.Those who do not 'watch' are as
      if dead already!"