      Ralph, a number of people at my center use benches, but don't sit with their legs
      under them.  They put cushions on either side and sit cross-legged with their
      knees resting on the cushions.

      On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Pat Stacy <pstacy@...> wrote:

      Hi Ralph. I recommend a chair. There is nothing contained in the position on the floor.
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 5:41 AM
      Subject: [U-Zendo] Pros and cons of kapok and buckwheat hulls

      Greetings -

      It's been quiet here for a long time.

      I meditate alone (at least physically), and my cushion (zafu, pillow) is disintegrating. I need to replace it. It's a kapok filled cushion, and I'm considering getting a buckwheat hull filled cushion. I'm in my 60s, and my knees aren't what they used to be : half lotus is now painful, and I'm not sure I could even get into a full lotus again. So, I *think* I need good support and maybe a higher cushion. Can anyone help me with pros and cons of kapok filled and buckwheat hull filled cushions and the effects of cushion heights (8"? 10"?).

      I miss the discussions.

      I'm grateful for your time and attention,

      Ralph Palmer
      Brattleboro, VT

      No virus found in this message.