448Re: Happy New Year!

    Jan 1, 2008
      I thought this reading from the I Ching relates to what we were
      talking about related Krishnamurti. This was the changing hexagram
      58. Tui / The Joyous, Lake:

      "A lake evaporates upward and thus gradually dries up; but when two lakes
      are joined they do not dry up so readily, for one replenishes the other. It is
      the same in the field of knowledge. Knowledge should be a refreshing and
      vitalizing force. It becomes so only through stimulating intercourse with
      congenial friends with whom one holds discussion and practices application
      of the truths of life. In this way learning becomes many-sided and takes on a
      cheerful lightness, whereas there is always something ponderous and one-
      sided about the learning of the self-taught."

      Bohm and the other Krishnamurti saw the characteristic in the last
      half of the last sentence in J. Krishnamurti.

      We really need peers.

      --
      Lee in Mashiko, Tochigi Japan
      http://mashikopots.blogspot.com/

      "Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the
      tea. Then you drink it properly. That is all you need to know."
      --Sen No Rikyu
      "Let the beauty we love be what we do." - Rumi
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic