399Re: suffering

  • ColdMtnBum@aol.com
    Jul 11, 2007
      Hi Richard,
      I think the loop Weasel Tracks is referring to might be summed up this way.  If you are no longer desiring to avoid your suffering, is it still suffering?
      Avoiding (aversion) or grasping (desire) being the operative activators of suffering, if you can be at a place where you no longer want to avoid your "suffering", you have arrived at the place Joe refers to where samsara and nirvanna are one.
      By helping me develop some small amount of equanimity, practice has brought me closer to that place.
      Gassho, Al