313Re: [U-Zendo] anger(CHAT)

    Aug 13, 2006
      I think that anger is, commonly, thought of as something that is fine and
      justifiable. People feel righteous when they feel angry. I believe that
      even Jesus got angry. People are taught to express their anger
      rather than "repressing" it, as if there were the only
      alternatives! Whether it would help or not to have a prohibition
      against anger, I don't know. But it almost seems that anger is promoted
      as much as love by religions. God was always flying into a rage even.

      "He who holds back rising anger like a rolling chariot, him I call a real
      driver; other people are but holding the reins." - Buddha, Dhammapada
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic