Re: [Tuvalu] Tuvaluans don't want to be called refugees

  • Tufoua Panapa
    Message 1 of 19 , May 12, 2011
      Talofa,

      Ko oko i te see fakafiafia a te taipa `see mai ne tino konei a te igoa o te failautusi ke see palakii mai loa penei! See palakii loa a te igoa- first mo te last names!!!! A te igoa se mea e taaua i Tuvalu,, me ko te iloga o te tino tenaa. Ne `tau mo latou o double-check a olotou igoa!

      Unprofessional and inconsiderate!!!! Correction and apology is required!

      Tufoua Panapa.

      Message 2 of 19 , May 12, 2011
        Talofa Everyone

        I'd say I have to agree with Tapugao. The use of the term 'refugees' in
        'environmental refugees' is somewhat inappropriate in light of its extensive
        usage by the media today to refer to people relocating to foreign land in order
        to take refuge from all the troubles at home due to wars (civil-or-terrorist
        oriented) and/or serious political unrests. This would probably be the only
        definition people of nowadays will be familiar with, and which off-course is
        consistent with the definition by the UN Convention on Refugees Status 1951, as
        Tapugao mentioned.

        To take refuge due to a natural disaster is a natural act in nature in that all
        levels of the animal kingdom have been destined to respond appropriately. Rising
        sea level I'd say is a natural disaster because its nature's appropriate
        response to the changes in its temperature control mechanisms. It is a serious
        environmental phenomenon our atolls and people will have to respond
        appropriately towards.

        People migrating under the skilled migrant scheme for the purpose of seeking
        greener pastures only, was presumably the only thinking prior to the existence
        of the 'sea-level rise' concept in Tuvalu. Nowadays, I believe the underlying
        reason for migration is to resettle in a foreign country to avoid being
        first-hand affected by the effects of the rising sea levels. So, migrating is
        good but then its an avenue only for the skilled whose skills are recognised by
        foreign countries like Aotearoa & Australia, as being the most common ones. Now,
        the rest of-course will not be able to do so due to international restrictions,
        and does this mean they would just have to live through the disaster? Frankly, I
        just don't want to think so. This is a disaster that I believe none in this
        forum would even want to visualise, not even our politicians. And so it's an
        issue that must be properly addressed and I understand it's just what our
        government is doing right now.

        Nonetheles in my opinion, may be now it's time to consider advancing our
        educational grasp to incorporate in-country tertiary studies in addition to our
        local USP to cater for the fields in the technological world, which should
        properly train our fellow countrymen with the skills that are high in the market
        in countries like Aotearoa & Australia for a start. The standards of training
        off-course should be compatible to that of those in Aotearo & Australia, for
        ease of assessment & processing by these nations' qualification authorities.
        Technical skills like welding and metal works, building, catering and cooking,
        electronic technicians are just some. This certainly is a cost effective
        alternative to increasing the country's skilled labour capacity, and the more we
        have of our people properly trained, the more will be able to migrate via the
        skilled migrant scheme. This will become an option for the disposal of our
        people and to have it explored should they choose to. Nevertheless, from a long
        run point of view, when the time comes and everyone is to be resettled in a
        foreign land, by then I trust most will be skilled enough to stand together to
        rebuild and retain our identity wherever we are.

        Fakafetai

        Fulitusi Alovaka

        ________________________________
        From: Tataua Pese <tatauap@...>
        To: Tuvalu Yahoo Group <tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com>;
        trcsvolunteers@...; Pepetua Latasi <pepetua@...>; Melton
        Tauetia <tauetia@...>; Maina TaliaT <vaitiu@...>; Afasene Pese
        <apese@...>; Pulaafagu Toafa <pula_toafa@...>; Taukiei Kitala
        <taukiei@...>; Semese Alefaio <semalefaio@...>
        Sent: Thu, 12 May, 2011 10:54:42 PM

        sharing

        http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pacbeat/stories/201105/s3215300.htm

        Tataua Pese

        Climate Change and Disaster Management Officer
        Tuvalu Red Cross Society, PO. Box 14, Vaiaku, TUVALU.

        Phone: (office) +68820706 / 20740 (Home) +68820994 Mobile: +688900536

        skype: tatauap email: tatauap@...

        [""] [""] [""]

        Signature powered by WiseStamp

      • alee talava
        Message 3 of 19 , May 12, 2011
          Talofa Tufoua!
          E tonu te comment a koe ki te se fai fakalei o galuega a te media maise latou ne interview ne latou te failautusi 'malu o te Malo Tuvalu. Kae mea na ko te igoa faka salasala o "KAVEKO" tela ne maua mai i taimi o pulou maliini hehehe!
          Tap koe se ita loa se i aku a tala a ko te toeina tenei ikonei i ia te molimau hehehe!

          Manuia te aso!!!!

          Ko oko i te see fakafiafia a te taipa `see mai ne tino konei a te igoa o te failautusi ke see palakii mai loa penei! See palakii loa a te igoa- first mo te last names!!!! A te igoa se mea e taaua i Tuvalu,, me ko te iloga o te tino tenaa. Ne `tau mo latou o double-check a olotou igoa!

          Unprofessional and inconsiderate!!!! Correction and apology is required!

          Tufoua Panapa.

          Ikai Mataliki, au e fai fua me ko tamua katoa o fakapaa te tala, kae kote igoa see katoa loa haha, te igoa muamua mote igoa fakaoti see katoa, kae loa kii te tala haha. Iau loa e fai nei me ko Talafou tela kapeni sa mataili ne fakasautala, masaua ite source e tau o sao tena igoa,kae lei me ko maina atu, kote loa foki loa ote tofiga tela ko see iei te igoa, kae lei me tena iei se tino tumau loa se koia se tino fou, malo Tataua mo tau fakaoko tala,hahaha, alofaatu.

          Sent from my iPod

          On May 12, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Tataua Pese <tatauap@...> wrote:

          > sharing

          > http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pacbeat/stories/201105/s3215300.htm

          > Tataua Pese

          > Climate Change and Disaster Management Officer

          > Tuvalu Red Cross Society, PO. Box 14, Vaiaku, TUVALU.

          > Phone: (office) +68820706 / 20740 (Home) +68820994 Mobile: +688900536

          > skype: tatauap email: tatauap@...

        • Tafue Lusama
          Message 4 of 19 , May 12, 2011
            Talofa te 'malu o te fale

            E tonu eiloa me i tino 'kena konei e se afaina i a latou a te igoa me ne tonu me ne see, tela la e talitonu au e pela eiloa mo te vauga mai i te tokoukega, me se mea eiloa e tau o fakaoko ki tino konei i a latou a te article tenei. Au tenei ne tusi ki ei ke fakasao ate lotou igoa kae ke fakatoese foki e tusa ko te see tenei.

            As for the issue here, I totally agree that the term Refugee as it stands does not reflect the reality of what will happen to our people, and it does not do justice as well for us. In international treaties on refugees, it does not cover any such thing as Climate refugee. The connotation of the term is one that is geared towards those who are persecuted and who leaves their countries on their free will, where as in the case of CC, our people will be forced out and against their will. Everytime I speak about this issue I always use the term "Forced Climate Migrants".

            manuia te aso

            From: Sarah Jane Soani <jsoani73@...>

            To: "Tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com" <Tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com>

            Cc: "Tuvalu Yahoo Group" <tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com>, "<trcsvolunteers@...>" <trcsvolunteers@...>, "Pepetua Latasi" <pepetua@...>, "MeltonTauetia" <tauetia@...>, "Maina TaliaT" <vaitiu@...>, "Afasene Pese" <apese@...>, "Pulaafagu Toafa" <pula_toafa@...>, "Taukiei Kitala" <taukiei@...>, "Semese Alefaio" <semalefaio@...>

            Ikai Mataliki, au e fai fua me ko tamua katoa o fakapaa te tala, kae kote igoa see katoa loa haha, te igoa muamua mote igoa fakaoti see katoa, kae loa kii te tala haha. Iau loa e fai nei me ko Talafou tela kapeni sa mataili ne fakasautala, masaua ite source e tau o sao tena igoa,kae lei me ko maina atu, kote loa foki loa ote tofiga tela ko see iei te igoa, kae lei me tena iei se tino tumau loa se koia se tino fou, malo Tataua mo tau fakaoko tala,hahaha, alofaatu.

            Sent from my iPod

            On May 12, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Tataua Pese <tatauap@...> wrote:

            > sharing

            > http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pacbeat/stories/201105/s3215300.htm

            > Tataua Pese

            > Climate Change and Disaster Management Officer

            > Tuvalu Red Cross Society, PO. Box 14, Vaiaku, TUVALU.

            > Phone: (office) +68820706 / 20740 (Home) +68820994 Mobile: +688900536

            > skype: tatauap email: tatauap@...

          • Tataua Pese
            Message 5 of 19 , May 12, 2011
              This issue of a right term for our case and others affecting by CC is not new and many times we have complained to the media on the term used. So I think its about time we should agree to make up a more relevant term for our case and of course our frineds who suffer the same.

              fanatu.

              Tataua Pese

              Climate and Disaster Management Officer

              To: Tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com

              E tonu te comment a koe ki te se fai fakalei o galuega a te media maise latou ne interview ne latou te failautusi 'malu o te Malo Tuvalu. Kae mea na ko te igoa faka salasala o "KAVEKO" tela ne maua mai i taimi o pulou maliini hehehe!

              Tap koe se ita loa se i aku a tala a ko te toeina tenei ikonei i ia te molimau hehehe!

              Manuia te aso!!!!

              Ko oko i te see fakafiafia a te taipa `see mai ne tino konei a te igoa o te failautusi ke see palakii mai loa penei! See palakii loa a te igoa- first mo te last names!!!! A te igoa se mea e taaua i Tuvalu,, me ko te iloga o te tino tenaa. Ne `tau mo latou o double-check a olotou igoa!

              Unprofessional and inconsiderate!!!! Correction and apology is required!

              Tufoua Panapa.

              Ikai Mataliki, au e fai fua me ko tamua katoa o fakapaa te tala, kae kote igoa see katoa loa haha, te igoa muamua mote igoa fakaoti see katoa, kae loa kii te tala haha. Iau loa e fai nei me ko Talafou tela kapeni sa mataili ne fakasautala, masaua ite source e tau o sao tena igoa,kae lei me ko maina atu, kote loa foki loa ote tofiga tela ko see iei te igoa, kae lei me tena iei se tino tumau loa se koia se tino fou, malo Tataua mo tau fakaoko tala,hahaha, alofaatu.

              Sent from my iPod

              On May 12, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Tataua Pese <tatauap@...> wrote:

              > sharing

              > http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pacbeat/stories/201105/s3215300.htm

              > Tataua Pese

              > Climate Change and Disaster Management Officer

              > Tuvalu Red Cross Society, PO. Box 14, Vaiaku, TUVALU.

              > Phone: (office) +68820706 / 20740 (Home) +68820994 Mobile: +688900536

              > skype: tatauap email: tatauap@...

            • Tito Isala
              Message 6 of 19 , May 12, 2011
                Talofa Takaga Tuvalu

                Below is the reply (automatically generated by a machine which has no feelings
                one way or the other). I will send you the substantive reply from Radio
                Australia - if it ever comes.

                Thanks for submitting your question to Radio Australia.

                Once your question has been answered, you will receive an email which will
                include a link to a page on our website with your answer. We always endeavour
                to get back to our listeners as soon as possible.

                Please do not reply to this email as it is automatically generated by Radio
                Australia's "Contact Us" system and serves to confirm receipt of your message
                and to check your email address.

                Thank you for using this service
                Radio Australia
                radioaustralia.net.au

                ________________________________
                From: Tufoua Panapa <tufoitupugaolemele@...>
                To: Tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com
                Cc: Tuvalu Yahoo Group <tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com>;
                "<trcsvolunteers@...>" <trcsvolunteers@...>; Pepetua
                Latasi <pepetua@...>; MeltonTauetia <tauetia@...>; Maina TaliaT
                <vaitiu@...>; Afasene Pese <apese@...>; Pulaafagu Toafa
                <pula_toafa@...>; Taukiei Kitala <taukiei@...>; Semese Alefaio
                <semalefaio@...>

                Ikai Mataliki, au e fai fua me ko tamua katoa o fakapaa te tala, kae kote igoa
                see katoa loa haha, te igoa muamua mote igoa fakaoti see katoa, kae loa kii te
                tala haha. Iau loa e fai nei me ko Talafou tela kapeni sa mataili ne
                fakasautala, masaua ite source e tau o sao tena igoa,kae lei me ko maina atu,
                kote loa foki loa ote tofiga tela ko see iei te igoa, kae lei me tena iei se
                tino tumau loa se koia se tino fou, malo Tataua mo tau fakaoko tala,hahaha,
                alofaatu.

                Sent from my iPod

                On May 12, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Tataua Pese <tatauap@...> wrote:

                > sharing

                > http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pacbeat/stories/201105/s3215300.htm

                > Tataua Pese

                > Climate Change and Disaster Management Officer

                > Tuvalu Red Cross Society, PO. Box 14, Vaiaku, TUVALU.

                > Phone: (office) +68820706 / 20740 (Home) +68820994 Mobile: +688900536

                > skype: tatauap email: tatauap@...

              • Fakavae Taomia
                Message 7 of 19 , May 13, 2011
                  Talofa Alee

                  Koe sa takutakugina te igoa fakamataku o Kaveko ite mea ma mate iei a internet iluga nei..hahahahahhah.....ia e pela mote topic...kaati for the moment kaati e appropriate kae e tau o fuli ki climate change refugees.....vagana la iei ko isi se term fou e coin atu ne tatou kola e pokotia nete fakalavelave tenei....pela mua..manuia te galuega fai....

                  Fakavae

                  E tonu te comment a koe ki te se fai fakalei o galuega a te media maise latou ne interview ne latou te failautusi 'malu o te Malo Tuvalu. Kae mea na ko te igoa faka salasala o "KAVEKO" tela ne maua mai i taimi o pulou maliini hehehe!
                  Tap koe se ita loa se i aku a tala a ko te toeina tenei ikonei i ia te molimau hehehe!

                  Manuia te aso!!!!

                  Ko oko i te see fakafiafia a te taipa `see mai ne tino konei a te igoa o te failautusi ke see palakii mai loa penei! See palakii loa a te igoa- first mo te last names!!!! A te igoa se mea e taaua i Tuvalu,, me ko te iloga o te tino tenaa. Ne `tau mo latou o double-check a olotou igoa!

                  Unprofessional and inconsiderate!!!! Correction and apology is required!

                  Tufoua Panapa.

                  Ikai Mataliki, au e fai fua me ko tamua katoa o fakapaa te tala, kae kote igoa see katoa loa haha, te igoa muamua mote igoa fakaoti see katoa, kae loa kii te tala haha. Iau loa e fai nei me ko Talafou tela kapeni sa mataili ne fakasautala, masaua ite source e tau o sao tena igoa,kae lei me ko maina atu, kote loa foki loa ote tofiga tela ko see iei te igoa, kae lei me tena iei se tino tumau loa se koia se tino fou, malo Tataua mo tau fakaoko tala,hahaha, alofaatu.

                  Sent from my iPod

                  On May 12, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Tataua Pese <tatauap@...> wrote:

                  > sharing

                  > http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pacbeat/stories/201105/s3215300.htm

                  > Tataua Pese

                  > Climate Change and Disaster Management Officer

                  > Tuvalu Red Cross Society, PO. Box 14, Vaiaku, TUVALU.

                  > Phone: (office) +68820706 / 20740 (Home) +68820994 Mobile: +688900536

                  > skype: tatauap email: tatauap@...

                • Michael Rollins
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 13, 2011
                    Dear Tuvaluan friends,

                    Please consider fighting nature and winning. You have shallow portions of the
                    Funafuti lagoon with material that you should be able to dig up and transfer to
                    land that is currently above sea level. Then let coral fill the donor areas
                    back in, maybe with some help from Biorock.

                    God bless you.

                    Michael Rollins
                    Houston, Texas, USA

                    ________________________________

                    From: Tataua Pese <tatauap@...>
                    To: Tuvalu Yahoo Group <tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com>;

                    Message 9 of 19 , May 13, 2011
                      Dear Michael

                      I don�t think it is possible to fight nature this way. Unless of course
                      Tuvalu is blessed with sustaining funds to continue fighting nature this
                      way.

                      You would probably be looking at large volume of lagoon materials to fill 26
                      sq. km of land area of the country.

                      Let alone raising the height of land above sea level to some more
                      appropriate levels to at least minimise or avoid inundation.

                      If this goes ahead there would be indiscriminate dredging operations in
                      lagoons causing major impacts on lagoon ecosystems including other flow on
                      effects.

                      I know such operations can be coordinated to minimise or contain any
                      impacts, but similar cases elsewhere suggested the opposite.

                      Tuvalu is an atoll country and its characteristics and geological make-up
                      all point to how vulnerable and less resilience the country is to major
                      natural and anthropogenic threats. There is very little mixing in the water
                      column of most lagoons in the country. This means fine sand/silt resulting
                      from any major dredging operations will cause possible suffocation and
                      eventual mass mortality of coral communities. Indirect effect of this to
                      other marine organisms is another story.

                      I have read some of your postings before which in my view are all good,
                      however, appears to �side-step� or water down what appears to be root causes
                      of the problem on hand. Tuvalu and most other atoll/ island countries in the
                      world have been very vocal on the issue of climate change. The past
                      Copenhagen conference is just one example of disappointments to us in the
                      islands. But hey that�s probably an issue for another day.

                      Just to say that climate change is among the top if not the most important
                      issue to us in the islands and it will probably continue to be featured
                      globally in to the future.

                      Have a blessed weekend,

                      Sam

                    • Michael Rollins
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 14, 2011
                        Dear Samasoni,

                        Thank you for your reply. I would like to ask that you be open to a continued
                        dialog.

                        I would first like to explain my motivation in being interested in Tuvalu
                        fighting nature and winning, as opposed to completely dispersing its population
                        to other countries.

                        Tuvalu is a Christian nation by a vast majority, according to what I've read.
                        Christianity is under assault elsewhere in the world. In Muslim countries,
                        Christians are heavily persecuted and often killed. In Western countries,
                        Christianity is attacked and ridiculed in the media, and atheistic special
                        interest groups continuously look for ways to muzzle the message of Christianity
                        through legal means. And, of course, in communist countries, arresting and
                        imprisoning Christians on the slightest provocation is standard fare. I would
                        like to see Tuvalu thrive as a viable country far into the future because I see
                        it as a place that will nurture and protect Christians and the Good News.

                        Regarding the physical challenges to using lagoon material to raise the
                        elevation of Tuvalu land, I have responses to some but not all of your points.

                        About raising all 26 sq. km. of land - In the near term, I think it would be
                        prudent for Tuvalu to identify small areas on each of your populated islands
                        where you would add dredge material, only to cover enough land to allow for the
                        entire population of that island to retreat to during storm surges and
                        super-high tides. On Funafuti, perhaps this would be half of a square
                        kilometer. You would add dredge material to make that small land area high
                        enough to be out of reach of ocean levels, and you would take some means, to be
                        decided, to protect the perimeter of that elevated land from erosion.

                        Regarding suspension of silt in water, potentially suffocating fauna - I haven't
                        thought about this. My background is in electrical and chemical engineering
                        and so I am actually not a specialist in land reclamation and will have to
                        research this issue. However, there is quite a large area of shallow water
                        south of the Funafuti airport under which a dredging donor site could be
                        chosen. This area is not in the lagoon, and water from the surrounding ocean
                        would be available to mix with silt-containing water above a donor site.

                        Regarding the addressing of climate change - I believe that climate change is
                        anthropogenic. However, there are many in the United States who believe that
                        climate change does not exist or it exists but is not the fault of humans. I
                        question the motives of many climate-change deniers, but some of them are good
                        people who simply believe that climate-change activists are just trying to find
                        new ways for governments to control everyone. Unfortunately, many of the
                        climate change deniers in the United States are conservatives and people of
                        great means that could otherwise help Tuvalu. Many of those conservatives are
                        Christians who, I'm sure, would hate to see the loss of a Christian nation. Of
                        all of the countries on the Earth, I believe that the United States is most able
                        to help Tuvalu financially and in terms of engineering, but it will be a great
                        challenge to enlist the help of those individuals who only see what they want to
                        see. Nevertheless, I will try to help communicate this need, though I am not an
                        important person in the U.S.

                        Finally, I don't think Tuvalu should go down without a fight. I think it is
                        worth taking drastic steps and making a many-year sustained effort to hold on to
                        your islands and therefore your nation, even if it means many individual
                        Tuvaluans digging with shovels and transporting donor material to build high
                        ground.

                        I propose that we create a site on Facebook that explains the situation in
                        Tuvalu and allows Tuvaluans to show their country to the world.

                        Sincerely,

                        Michael

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 19 , May 14, 2011
                          I have created a skeletal place page on Facebook called "Tuvalu Future".  Please
                          feel free to use it as a forum if you have Facebook accounts.  It would be
                          better if Tuvaluans were posting comments on it than just an American.

                          Thanks,

                          Michael Rollins

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 19 , May 15, 2011
                            Please read the article at the following link:
                            http://www.gallup.com/poll/126560/americans-global-warming-concerns-continue-drop.aspx).

                            I believe that strategies in addition to encouraging the industrial world to
                            reduce carbon dioxide output should be pursued. Simply depending upon the rest
                            of the world to reduce CO2 emissions could be disastrous for Tuvalu. That is
                            why I believe that Tuvalu should strongly consider and research land reclamation
                            and land build up from donor material (see
                            http://library.thinkquest.org/C006891/reclamation.html ).

                            Also, there is a site on Facebook now called Tuvalu Future. Please visit it and
                            share your thoughts and ideas.

                            Thanks,

                            Michael

                            ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 19 , May 15, 2011
                                Talofa te kau Tuvalu i loto nei...fakamoemoega e pau katoa loa taatou ite ola mote malosi..@Tufoua.. tino ne fai see neia te mea nei ko tau ite paa te ulu hahahaha...Pati fua mo tou kata :-)
                                Alofa atu ki fanau salalau Tuvalu.
                                Take care

                                Ata

                                From: Sarah Jane Soani <jsoani73@...>

                                To: "Tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com" <Tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com>

                                Cc: "Tuvalu Yahoo Group" <tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com>, "<trcsvolunteers@...>" <trcsvolunteers@...>, "Pepetua Latasi" <pepetua@...>, "MeltonTauetia" <tauetia@...>, "Maina TaliaT" <vaitiu@...>, "Afasene Pese" <apese@...>, "Pulaafagu Toafa" <pula_toafa@...>, "Taukiei Kitala" <taukiei@...>, "Semese Alefaio" <semalefaio@...>

                                Ikai Mataliki, au e fai fua me ko tamua katoa o fakapaa te tala, kae kote igoa see katoa loa haha, te igoa muamua mote igoa fakaoti see katoa, kae loa kii te tala haha. Iau loa e fai nei me ko Talafou tela kapeni sa mataili ne fakasautala, masaua ite source e tau o sao tena igoa,kae lei me ko maina atu, kote loa foki loa ote tofiga tela ko see iei te igoa, kae lei me tena iei se tino tumau loa se koia se tino fou, malo Tataua mo tau fakaoko tala,hahaha, alofaatu.

                                Sent from my iPod

                                On May 12, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Tataua Pese <tatauap@...> wrote:

                                > sharing

                                > http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pacbeat/stories/201105/s3215300.htm

                                > Tataua Pese

                                > Climate Change and Disaster Management Officer

                                > Tuvalu Red Cross Society, PO. Box 14, Vaiaku, TUVALU.

                                > Phone: (office) +68820706 / 20740 (Home) +68820994 Mobile: +688900536

                                > skype: tatauap email: tatauap@...

                              • maputokanareau
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 25, 2011
                                  So nice a saying, but the influx of motorcycles and all other types of vehicles on the Capital and extending a fair share to the outer islands perhaps is not a good indication of the above-stated subject.

                                  It may be good 'slogan?' to attract foreign attention and aid, but in no way the true genuine feel of the Tuvaluans, who are desperate of their share of a 'modern lifestyle'.

                                  What's the name of the person who preaches one and does the other? ... a pharisee?

                                  Yet the present Government should do something solid to prove to the world that truly, "Tuvaluans don't want to be called refugees".

                                  --- In Tuvalu2@yahoogroups.com, Atasema Singh <sema072000@...> wrote:

                                  > Talofa te kau Tuvalu i loto nei...fakamoemoega e pau katoa loa taatou ite ola mote malosi..@Tufoua.. tino ne fai see neia te mea nei ko tau ite paa te ulu hahahaha...Pati fua mo tou kata :-)
                                  > Alofa atu ki fanau salalau Tuvalu.
                                  > Take care
                                  >
                                  > Ata

                                • Salai Taliua
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jun 5, 2011
                                    Talofa Tuvalu Yahoo and listers

                                    I totally agree with that Tufoua and while we are still waiting for Tito Isala's
                                    response from the media I have great difficulties believing this typo and error
                                    from the media. For one simple reason that the full name given in the interview
                                    is a right and correct 'full name' (without any typos) that could belong to
                                    someone. I could understand if the name was spelled wrong for some reasons or
                                    other but it seems to me that it was spelled correctly for both the first and
                                    last name.
                                    Anyway I hope the error has been rectified and an apology has been received as
                                    demanded.

                                    Manuia te vaiaso

                                    salai

                                    From: Tufoua Panapa <tufoitupugaolemele@...>