Re: [Tuvalu] ALOFAAGA MOTE TAUSAGAFOU

  • iefata paeniu
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 28, 2005
      Ke pena hoki fakamanuiaga mai konei i Singapore e
      Malo.

      Sa kai malosi ki lane Taiwan ia koe ma umiti sale ki
      iei i ma foki koe.

      101! oi manea la o koulua.

      Manuia

      Iefata

      --- msopoaga <msopoaga@...> wrote:

      > E fia avatu hoki mai Taiwan nei alofaaga ki tagata,
      > fafine, tamaliki mo
      > sose fanau Tuvalu salalau kae maise koutou kona e
      > fakamuli mai ite
      > Tuvalu.
      >
      > Ke manuia koutou katoa ite tauhaga fou....Galue
      > fakamaoni koulua kona i
      > Funafuti ite aho muamua ote tauhaga fou..hahah..kaia
      > me hangover
      > malie...
      >
      > Jeff te motou pui kaiga nei e pei kite 101 ite new
      > year..Manuia te
      > tauhaga fou.
      >
      > Tap taimi ote fasua ite PWD..oioi...E lei aku e kai
      > lane Taiwan...hahah.
      >
      > Tiabo kofea nei koulua mo Don...koulua ko
      > mate..hahah.
      >
      > Happy New Year..muna te motou fenua nei.."Xin nian
      > kuai le".."Wanshirui"
      >
      > MSopoaga.

      __________________________________
    • Bone
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
        30.12.05

        Hello everyone,

        Please excuse me but I wish to submit the following attachment via this forum.

        We [Tuvalu Red Cross] have dispatched and collected over 400 questionnaires from the residents of Funafuti. The last day for the collection of this valuable document was yesterday.

        While we understand that it may not be relevant to some of you people, we would be grateful if you can assist and fill the questionnaire during your spare time and hopeful to return your answers or comments to this email address or the office address: redcross@... by the 5th of January 2006.

        More importantly our office welcomes any comments or improvements that you may suggest.

        Fakafetai lasi mote lua fesoasoani kae ke manuia te tausaga fou a kotou katoa, tino Tuvalu iluga o Tuvalu e pela foki mo tino Tuvalu kola e nofo i koga-koga salalau ote lalolagi.

        Ke manuia kae fakafetai...

        Isala T Isala

      • Dr Mark Hayes
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
          Talofa All,

          Isala T Isala has sent me the Questionnaire for the Tuvalu Red Cross
          mentioned in his recent e-mail (below).

          If Listers would like a copy of it, please e-mail me directly and
          I'll send it back to you.

          Looking over it, I think Tuvaluans not currently living in Tuvalu
          would be really helping the Tuvalu Red Cross is they filled the form
          in and sent it back, so the Red Cross received the views of
          expatriate Tuvaluans as well as locals.

          Fakafeti lasi lasi in anticipation of many requests for this important form...

          Best wishes for 2006 to all Listers and to all Tuvaluans...

          'Tofa from Brisbane

          > 30.12.05
          >
          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > Please excuse me but I wish to submit the following attachment via
          >this forum.
          >
          > We [Tuvalu Red Cross] have dispatched and collected over 400
          >questionnaires from the residents of Funafuti. The last day for the
          >collection of this valuable document was yesterday.
          >
          > While we understand that it may not be relevant to some of you
          >people, we would be grateful if you can assist and fill the
          >questionnaire during your spare time and hopeful to return your
          >answers or comments to this email address or the office address:
          >redcross@... by the 5th of January 2006.
          >
          > More importantly our office welcomes any comments or improvements
          >that you may suggest.
          >
          > Fakafetai lasi mote lua fesoasoani kae ke manuia te tausaga fou a
          >kotou katoa, tino Tuvalu iluga o Tuvalu e pela foki mo tino Tuvalu
          >kola e nofo i koga-koga salalau ote lalolagi.
          >
          > Ke manuia kae fakafetai...
          >
          > Isala T Isala

          Tuvalu Mo Te Atua!

          Dr Mark (Maleko) Hayes
          1/19 Clarence Rd.,
          Indooroopilly, Qld., 4068,
          AUSTRALIA

          PH: +61 (07) 3870 3456

          E-Mail:
          mahayes@... OR md.hayes@... OR m.d.hayes@...

          (Dovenet is the main one, the others bounce to Dovenet.)

          Skype address: drmarkhayes

          Journalist, Sociologist
          Media & Journalism Educator
          InterNet Research Consultant

          NEW WWW: http://www.dovenetq.net.au/~mahayes/MDHHome.html

        • tristan
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
            your not a real doctor are you?

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
              you teach jurno's. why do they lie so much?

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
                after further research i can safely say your a left wing nutbag!

                Isala T Isala has sent me the Questionnaire for the Tuvalu Red Cross
                mentioned in his recent e-mail (below).

                If Listers would like a copy of it, please e-mail me directly and
                I'll send it back to you.

                Looking over it, I think Tuvaluans not currently living in Tuvalu
                would be really helping the Tuvalu Red Cross is they filled the form
                in and sent it back, so the Red Cross received the views of
                expatriate Tuvaluans as well as locals.

                Fakafeti lasi lasi in anticipation of many requests for this important form...

                Best wishes for 2006 to all Listers and to all Tuvaluans...

                'Tofa from Brisbane

                > 30.12.05
                >
                > Hello everyone,
                >
                > Please excuse me but I wish to submit the following attachment via
                >this forum.
                >
                > We [Tuvalu Red Cross] have dispatched and collected over 400
                >questionnaires from the residents of Funafuti. The last day for the
                >collection of this valuable document was yesterday.
                >
                > While we understand that it may not be relevant to some of you
                >people, we would be grateful if you can assist and fill the
                >questionnaire during your spare time and hopeful to return your
                >answers or comments to this email address or the office address:
                >redcross@... by the 5th of January 2006.
                >
                > More importantly our office welcomes any comments or improvements
                >that you may suggest.
                >
                > Fakafetai lasi mote lua fesoasoani kae ke manuia te tausaga fou a
                >kotou katoa, tino Tuvalu iluga o Tuvalu e pela foki mo tino Tuvalu
                >kola e nofo i koga-koga salalau ote lalolagi.
                >
                > Ke manuia kae fakafetai...
                >
                > Isala T Isala

                Tuvalu Mo Te Atua!

                Dr Mark (Maleko) Hayes
                1/19 Clarence Rd.,
                Indooroopilly, Qld., 4068,
                AUSTRALIA

                PH: +61 (07) 3870 3456

                E-Mail:
                mahayes@... OR md.hayes@... OR m.d.hayes@...

                (Dovenet is the main one, the others bounce to Dovenet.)

                Skype address: drmarkhayes

                Journalist, Sociologist
                Media & Journalism Educator
                InterNet Research Consultant

                NEW WWW: http://www.dovenetq.net.au/~mahayes/MDHHome.html

              • Malie Lototele
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
                  Tristan, get a life,

                  If you are jealous of Dr Hayes achievement, please go
                  back to college. All of your interventions ever since
                  the beginning of this group had been sarcastic and
                  unhelpful especially towards Dr Mark Hayes.

                  To make u feel better, i am calling on all listers to
                  call tristan from now on Dr. Tristan

                  __________________________________
                • tagi laafai
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
                    Easy la koe Mal,lol,lol,Malie manuia te kilisimasi mote tauhaga fou,ke manuia faiga mea ote tauhaga fou,alofa atu mai aukilani nei,,,,faifai malie,,,,,,,,,faa mua

                    Malie Lototele <lafogaki@...> wrote: Tristan, get a life,

                    --- tristan <bling@...> wrote:

                    > you teach jurno's. why do they lie so much?

                    __________________________________

                    Tuvalu Tuvalu online

                    ---------------------------------

                  • iefata paeniu
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
                      Mal and other Listers

                      Talofa

                      Ok Mal thanks for your advise and I will from now on
                      call tristan "dr. tristan". Please take no notice from
                      the nonsence inputs from people like dr. tristan (with
                      a small "d"). someone is showing off his own true
                      colours.

                      Ke manuia tausaga fou

                      Iefata

                      __________________________________
                    • tristan
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
                        LOL, hes a left wing nutbag! hes not even a real doctor

                        --- tristan <bling@...> wrote:

                        > you teach jurno's. why do they lie so much?

                        __________________________________

                      • tristan
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
                          hahahhaaha

                          amazing.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 29, 2005
                            Talofa All,

                            Anybody else want a copy of the Tuvalu Red Cross Questionnaire?

                            Just ask me and I'll send it to you privately.

                            Fakafeti Mal for intervening here...

                            >Tristan, get a life,
                            >
                            >If you are jealous of Dr Hayes achievement, please go
                            >back to college. All of your interventions ever since
                            >the beginning of this group had been sarcastic and
                            >unhelpful especially towards Dr Mark Hayes.

                            Just so it's On the Record (or go look up my Web Site, or Google me)
                            I am a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in humanities from Griffith
                            University in Brisbane, Australia.

                            As I say to my students, as a joke, I am qualified to hand out head
                            ache pills, apply band aids, I can do CPR on you until the ambulance
                            arrives, I can provide a bit of sympathy and advice with your passage
                            through university, especially in my teaching areas of media and
                            journalism studies, and, if you do have any sociological problems, I
                            AM qualified to help you with those, 'cos my PhD (which you can read
                            on my Web Site if you are *really* desperate) is in advanced
                            sociological theory and peace research.

                            As Tristian so eloquently put it earlier, on some readings, I could
                            be written off as "... a left wing nutbag!..." (whatever that means
                            in ideological or philosophical terms); "left wing nutbag" is a
                            technical term with which I am not familiar in the relevant scholarly
                            literature. I am actually right handed, don't have any wings, and,
                            when eating nuts, usually keep them in the bag they often come in
                            unless the nuts are in a tin, a bowl, or on a saucer.

                            The deeply insightful term ... "left wing nutbag!..." does seem to be
                            used in certain US-origin Lists, Blogs, and comment areas, usually as
                            a form of abuse to dismiss anybody and/or the thought of anybody the
                            poster does not like without doing their target the basic courtesy of
                            seriously engaging with their ideas.

                            Feel free to dismiss me as a "...left wing nutbag!..." because I rely
                            on the very best science available, and that I can understand myself,
                            which has convinced me that global warming is happening, is getting
                            worse, gravely threatens the very existence of countries like Tuvalu,
                            and I am enraged and ashamed in equal measure at the current
                            Australian government's position on these and related issues. If that
                            makes me a "...left wing nutbag!...", then I loudly plead Guilty,
                            M'Lud, and will continue to do everything I can to shame and oppose
                            the Australian government for its obscene and sinful position.

                            Regarding this List, I think I have amply earned my 'street cred' as
                            a Palagi who's very supportive of Tuvalu and Tuvaluans.

                            >To make u feel better, i am calling on all listers to
                            >call tristan from now on Dr. Tristan

                            I would prefer it if folks ignored Tristan, because people like him
                            seem to get gratification by provoking a reaction. I think the term
                            used in Blogs and similar is a "toad", originally describing somebody
                            who posts to Star Trek discussion lists, saying "Get a Life!" just to
                            stir them up. (I won't enter into any debate about raging Star Trek
                            fans though I do think people who wear Worf masks or Vulcan ears
                            are... well... 'interesting' and not my kind of people...:)..)

                            With a later couple of Posts, Tristan amply earned the description of a "toad".

                            I would also prefer not to have the earned title of 'Dr' demeaned as
                            Mal has suggested, though I appreciate the irony of Mal's suggestion.

                            Using the earned title of 'Dr' shows that the person using it has
                            done some extremely difficult and demanding study over a long period
                            of time to a very advanced level, and had that achievement
                            acknowledged, firstly, by thesis examiners who are experts in that
                            field of scholarship, and secondly by a reputable university legally
                            authorised to confer the advanced degree of PhD or D Phil, and for
                            the scholar to appropriately use the earned title.

                            To convince the examiners and the university that you've reached that
                            high standard of advanced scholarship, you have to have made, and
                            show how and why you have made, an original or new contribution to
                            the field of scholarship in which you have been studying and
                            researching, AND be able to defend your claim or argument against
                            some very heavy, expert, criticisms (in the scholarly sense) put to
                            you to see if you Really Do Know Your Stuff. You *really do* have to
                            both talk the talk AND very convincingly walk the walk. Heavy duty
                            academic or scholarly street cred needed, dude. Bling bling just
                            don't cut it.

                            BTW - medical doctors, like our good friend Dr Steve Homasi at
                            Princess Margaret Hospital on Funafuti, earn and use the title as a
                            description of their profession - medical doctor - and not on the
                            basis of their advanced qualifications. GPs, and even most
                            specialists, are called Dr by reference to, in Australia at least,
                            their Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB, BS)
                            undergraduate qualifications. Oddly, qualified surgeons, among the
                            most highly qualified and experienced medicos, are actually called
                            'Mr' rather than 'Dr'. Even consultant physicians, the most senior
                            medicos you can find, awesomely qualified and deeply experienced, if
                            they're not surgeons, get called Dr.

                            Here endeth the lesson...:)

                            If you think about it, my hopefully informative rave above sort-of
                            actually relates to the Tuvalu Red Cross and its activities, which I
                            eagerly and wholeheartedly endorse and support. Looking forward to
                            meeting those folks on Funafuti in February, 2006.

                            Anybody want the Tuvalu Red Cross Questionnaire sent to them?

                            'Tofa from Brisbane
                            Tuvalu Mo Te Atua!

                            Dr Mark (Maleko) Hayes
                            1/19 Clarence Rd.,
                            Indooroopilly, Qld., 4068,
                            AUSTRALIA

                            PH: +61 (07) 3870 3456

                            E-Mail:
                            mahayes@... OR md.hayes@... OR m.d.hayes@...

                            (Dovenet is the main one, the others bounce to Dovenet.)

                            Skype address: drmarkhayes

                            Journalist, Sociologist
                            Media & Journalism Educator
                            InterNet Research Consultant

                            NEW WWW: http://www.dovenetq.net.au/~mahayes/MDHHome.html

                          • Atasema Singh
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 30, 2005
                              Talofa katoa loa te malu o tou tino Tuvalu i loto nei.E pelaa mo Tristan,Mal ate tausaga foou tenei ka laka tou vae kiei,c'mon se fai penaa.....Anyway ke manuia te tausaga Foou!Alofa atu.

                              tagi laafai <tagilaafai@...> wrote: Easy la koe Mal,lol,lol,Malie manuia te kilisimasi mote tauhaga fou,ke manuia faiga mea ote tauhaga fou,alofa atu mai aukilani nei,,,,faifai malie,,,,,,,,,faa mua

                              --- tristan <bling@...> wrote:

                              > you teach jurno's. why do they lie so much?

                              __________________________________

                              Tuvalu Tuvalu online

                              ---------------------------------

                              Tuvalu Tuvalu online

                            • Atasema Singh
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 30, 2005
                                Talofa Dr Mark Hayes, i am sorry to hear about what Tristan had commented on you.I didn't see all those comments.Don't think about what he had said about you,i don't even know who he is....By the way,
                                Could you please send me that Red Cross questionnaire?Thanks-Happy New Year!

                                And to you Tristan please do not be like that-we are at the end of the year(old).The starting of the New Year is near-try and be more helpful instead of stirring things in here.Cheers!Happy New Year!

                                Dr Mark Hayes <mahayes@...> wrote: Talofa All,

                              • Brian Cannon
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
                                  Talofa Isala,

                                  I have uploaded the Red Cross questionnaire in the FILES link of this
                                  Yahoo Tuvalu2 group, and also on TuvaluIslands.com on the home page
                                  and the Island News page.

                                  Hopefully you will get some responses.

                                  Happy New Year to All.
                                  Manuia te tausaga fou

                                  Brian Cannon
                                  Webmaster
                                  TuvaluIslands.com

                                  redcross@t... by the 5th of January 2006.

                                  > More importantly our office welcomes any comments or improvements
                                  that you may suggest.

                                  > Fakafetai lasi mote lua fesoasoani kae ke manuia te tausaga fou a
                                  kotou katoa, tino Tuvalu iluga o Tuvalu e pela foki mo tino Tuvalu
                                  kola e nofo i koga-koga salalau ote lalolagi.

                                  > Ke manuia kae fakafetai...
                                  >
                                  > Isala T Isala

                                  http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

                                • Brian Cannon
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
                                    Tristan,

                                    It is fine to disagree and debate with people in this forum for
                                    Tuvaluans, however it is suggested that it be done in a civilized,
                                    mature manner, and any allegations against people or topics should be
                                    backed up with facts and evidence.

                                    Your messages can be easily deleted from this forum, and your identity
                                    banned. This may be what will be in store for you in 2006. There are
                                    several members who have moderator power in Tuvalu2.

                                    However, your own postings portray what kind of a person you are, and
                                    judging buy the responses from other members, they take you as
                                    seriously as Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer.

                                    Brian Cannon
                                    Webmaster
                                    TuvaluIslands.com and Tuvalu2