Re: [TurtleWomenRising] Sharing thoughts...

  • Darcy Flying Butterfly
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 31, 2010
      Shelia,

      Stacy and I talked today via phone. We are putting feelers out for a location to gather...that is our main thrust at this point then to get the word out. Just from our TWR sister list, we now have four of us interested.
      Do you know of a location we could meet at? Let's start there. My person email address is:
      thedarstar@... cell 760-505-9165 Darcy
      Connect with Stacy through this site on yahoo.

      She and I have agreed to help coordinate TWR for 2012 Peace Vigil. If you would be interested let me know this as well.

      Walk in Beauty,
       8-)Darcy Flying Butterfly

      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 1, 2010
        Peace, Darcy,
        I am in Palm Springs area at the moment... what are you planning ... the Peace vigil on the mall next year?

        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 6, 2010
          Just in case contact Imani, she did the Soul Fire for years and years (maybe she can give U some ideas about where to go). She was close to College Park(MD) doing it. There is 3 or 4 XX that were on her team around the area...

          Good luck.....Rabiah with the african drums at PV will be another person to contact=).......

          Un millon de estrellas!
          Nutria-Otter

          --- In TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com, "Stacy C. Hernandez" <stacychernandez@...> wrote:

          > Sharon - I am looking to start a women's drum group in the Baltimore-DC area
          > if you live in that area.
          >
          > Take care.
          > Stacy
          >

          > On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Sharon Franks <isgodhappy@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hello. I would like tyo acquire and develop the art of drumming. Please
          > > advise. Tried to find the Gathering place after my 12 hour shift directing
          > > but got lst..
          > >
          > > ------------------------------

        • mzimani111
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 6, 2010
            Hi THere.

            must heard my name cuz here i am.
            i am gonna be in Maryland the 15thish to the 21st.
            perhaps we can get together while i am in town?

            we made an amazing connection while in Japan, so i wanted to share a link with you all...
            http://www.youtube.com/user/HiroThunder?feature=mhum

            working this weekend with Flordemayo,
            http://www.thecntk.org/
            so be pretty unreachable till monday or tuesday. stacy email me, of list, if you wanna get together.

            love
            and joy,
            imani
          • Stacy Hernandez
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 6, 2010
              Imani moved to Oregon.

            • isgodhappy@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 18, 2010
                Hi, Stacy apologies for not responding rt away. I live in DC. Northeast quadrant.my answer is yes.

                From: "Stacy C. Hernandez" <stacychernandez@...>
                Sender: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:19:12 -0400
                To: <TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 24, 2010
                  this is orpha, i am definitely interested in a drum group

                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 24, 2010
                    Hi. I'm from Baltimore and am interested also in a drumming group.

                    To: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                    From: PROPHICEY@...
                    Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500

                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 24, 2010
                      Hello all,
                      just an FYI. Next June 19, 2011 at National Mall, DC. Is the 4th World Childrens Festival. They are presenting DRUM, DANCE & DREAM for PEACE.  Looking for more "Drummers" for this event.
                      www.icaf.org.  Contact International Childrens Art Foundation.
                      Ending ceremonies with Drumming for Peace, many groups participating from all over U.S. Dallas Peace Center, Drums not Guns, and many others.
                      Peace and blessings,
                      take care,
                      Mary Whitefeather,
                      Mi'q Maq & Passamaquoddy,
                      in Maine.

                      Hi. I'm from Baltimore and am interested also in a drumming group.

                      To: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                      From: PROPHICEY@...
                      Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500

                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 26, 2010
                        where are the dc drummers? SpeAk to me. I am xalling foran answer

                        From: Patricia Brady <pbra6994@...>
                        Sender: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:38:43 -0500
                        To: <turtlewomenrising@yahoogroups.com>

                        To: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                        From: PROPHICEY@...
                        Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500

                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 26, 2010
                          this is orpha in the dc area (sort of). am ready, what do you need?

                          From: Patricia Brady <pbra6994@...>
                          Sender: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:38:43 -0500
                          To: <turtlewomenrising@yahoogroups.com>

                          To: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                          From: PROPHICEY@...
                          Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500

                          Message 12 of 26 , Nov 26, 2010
                            Greetings All,

                            I sent the original post about starting a drumming group. I want to start this but I just found out about an opportunity for me to move away from the Baltimore-area. If I don't move then I will definitely organize this.

                            Take care.
                            Stacy

                          • PROPHICEY@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Nov 26, 2010
                              thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'm here and waiting to hear...........orpha

                            • PROPHICEY@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 26 , Nov 26, 2010
                                ditto..................orpha

                                To: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                From: PROPHICEY@...
                                Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500

                                Message 15 of 26 , Nov 27, 2010
                                  We who want to beat the dru need to know where to go and the yime and date. Thanks

                                  From: Patricia Brady <pbra6994@...>
                                  Sender: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:38:43 -0500
                                  To: <turtlewomenrising@yahoogroups.com>

                                  To: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: PROPHICEY@...
                                  Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Nov 27, 2010
                                    Stacy Rodriguez. What about the dc\balt group you said you were starting Does anyone hear us ?

                                    From: PROPHICEY@...
                                    Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Nov 27, 2010
                                      I wish you the best, but I really want you to start this group. Hope your blessings abound. LOL

                                      From: Stacy Hernandez <stacychernandez@...>
                                      Sender: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:07:02 -0500
                                      To: <PROPHICEY@...>; <TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com>

                                      PROPHICEY@... wrote:

                                      >this is orpha in the dc area (sort of). am ready, what do you need?
                                      >

                                      >In a message dated 11/26/2010 2:29:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                      >isgodhappy@... writes:
                                      >

                                      >where are the dc drummers? SpeAk to me. I am xalling foran answer
                                      >Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
                                      >____________________________________
                                      >
                                      >From: Patricia Brady <pbra6994@...>
                                      >Sender: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                      >Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:38:43 -0500
                                      >To: <turtlewomenrising@yahoogroups.com>
                                      >ReplyTo: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                      >Subject: RE: [TurtleWomenRising] Sharing thoughts...
                                      >

                                      >Hi. I'm from Baltimore and am interested also in a drumming group.
                                      >

                                      >____________________________________
                                      >To: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                      >From: PROPHICEY@...
                                      >Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500
                                      >Subject: Re: [TurtleWomenRising] Sharing thoughts...
                                      >

                                      >this is orpha, i am definitely interested in a drum group
                                      >

                                      >In a message dated 11/18/2010 10:49:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                      >isgodhappy@... writes:
                                      >
                                      >Hi, Stacy apologies for not responding rt away. I live in DC. Northeast
                                      >quadrant.my answer is yes.
                                      >Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
                                      >
                                      >____________________________________
                                      >From: "Stacy C. Hernandez" <stacychernandez@...>
                                      >Sender: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                      >Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:19:12 -0400
                                      >To: <TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com>
                                      >ReplyTo: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                      >Subject: Re: [TurtleWomenRising] Sharing thoughts...
                                      >

                                      >Sharon - I am looking to start a women's drum group in the Baltimore-DC
                                      >area if you live in that area.
                                      >
                                      >Take care.
                                      >Stacy
                                      >

                                      >On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Sharon Franks <_isgodhappy@..._
                                      >(mailto:isgodhappy@...) > wrote:
                                      >

                                      >Hello. I would like tyo acquire and develop the art of drumming. Please
                                      >advise. Tried to find the Gathering place after my 12 hour shift directing
                                      >but got lst..
                                      >

                                      >____________________________________
                                      > From: Darcy Flying Butterfly <_thedarstar@..._

                                    • Zamora
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Nov 27, 2010
                                        Friends,

                                        We've asked folks recently to Please Feel free to initiate conversations and pass on information on the TWR list, but please write to each other directly once these conversations have begun so the list is not getting all the back emails sent to it.

                                        I hope those interested in gathering in the dc área will contact each other directly to make these plans and if you decide on meeting, Please do send Info vía the list for date, time etc.

                                        Sent from zamora's iPhone

                                        From: Stacy Hernandez <stacychernandez@...>
                                        Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:07:02 -0500

                                      • PROPHICEY@aol.com

                                          From: Stacy Hernandez <stacychernandez@...>
                                          Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:07:02 -0500

                                        • PROPHICEY@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Nov 27, 2010
                                            don't know anything about this drumming group will will check. thanks

                                            From: Stacy Hernandez <stacychernandez@...>
                                            Sender: TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com
                                            Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:07:02 -0500
                                            To: <PROPHICEY@...>; <TurtleWomenRising@yahoogroups.com>

                                          • PROPHICEY@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Nov 27, 2010
                                              i don't know if people here us. am trying to put this together in my mind. thanks

                                              From: PROPHICEY@...
                                              Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:36 -0500