Re: [TulsaMasterRecycler] Fw: Tulsa Parks Needs Assessment Meetings - Monday, February 11

  • Barbara VanHanken
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2013
      I like the Recycling cans located in all parks and trash cans for cigarette butts at the River Parks. They should be responsible for the recycling and require groups who use the parks to have a recycling plan for their event.
      I think basketball courts would be a good park addition.
      Barbara

      Barbara VanHanken

      On Feb 9, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Elaine Meek <transitfriends@...> wrote:

      We also need more trees planted in our parks, since many have died due to the ice storm and drought.  The city also needs to remove some of the old tennis courts that cost way too much to replace (about $80,000 per court) and replace them with green space.  The city also needs to work to make the parks handicapped accessible.

      I would love to see the city install recycling bins at the parks and take responsibility for picking up the items.  They could actually make some money from the aluminum cans.
      Elaine Meek
      transitfriends@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013
          TRT was picking up recycled materials from Florence Park, but I was sorting through the bins every couple of days to take out the trash.  The recycling bin was removed about a year ago because the neighborhood residents thought it was ugly.
          Elaine Meek
          transitfriends@...