NYC Marathon

  • John Beasley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012

      Good morning all.

      I heard from Jessica Hargis last night.  She has arrived in NYC for Sunday's marathon.  We should all be proud of her and keep her in our thoughts on Sunday.

      I hope to see you at the Household Pollutant Collection event this weekend.

      John D. Beasley
      Tulsa County Conservation District
    • Jessica Hargis
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2012
        As you all probably know by now, the NYC Marathon was canceled! :( While I am of course disappointed, I don't disagree with the decision...just wish I could have known earlier in the week before I got on the plane! But, we had a great time in NYC nonetheless!

        SO...that means I've now refocused my efforts to recruiting our Route 66 Marathon Green Team volunteers! If you have not yet signed up, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3959053636/eorg# to choose a shift!!! Please note that if you are interested in working the TMRA booth at the Expo, Diana is coordinating that schedule, so you'll need to email her to sign up.

        Also - as you may recall, last year, TMRA sponsored our "self-serve" water & Gatorade stations...I was able to borrow the 32 upright coolers (jugs) from area schools & businesses...unfortunately, TWO of my sources that supplied over half of them last year, are not committing this year...SO...if anyone has any ideas about companies or businesses or schools where I could borrow them or have some donated, I would greatly appreciate it!

        THANKS!
        Jessica