What to do with your old trash and recycling bins

  • Mother
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2012
      We are telling people to keep their recycling bins and use them as an additional sorting bin - for batteries, motor oil, or anything that does not go into the curbside program and can be taken to the M.e.t. For trash cans, we are asking people to put a note on them that the can or container is trash. The can or container will be processed through Covanta, so it will be made into steam or electricity. We really wanted to find a way to separate personal containers and recycle them, but there were too many logistical roadblocks. (We will be recycling the carts in the NWQ of the city.)----Eric Lee

      I will be happy to take any of your green recycling bins and work to get them to apartment dwellers to use.----Rainbow