Re: [TulsaMasterRecycler] Residental Waste Recycling and Other Questions

  • Beth Turner
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
      To eliminate plastic sandwich bags altogether, check out reusable cloth wraps and chip bags. Here's a do-it-yourself blog link:
      http://nonavee.blogspot.com/2012/01/ginger-pye-sandwich-wraps-are-awesome.html
      -Beth

      918-346-3230
      @TrashTalkTulsa
      Beth Turner Productions
      Organic Storytelling in the Digital Age

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012

        These are really cute--thanks for the website referral!  However, I am guessing this means that plastic zip-lock type bags can't be recycled?  I have never found an answer to this.
        Thanks,
        Jeanne

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
          They can be recycled at any place that take plastic bags (like Wal- Mart)-rinse them out first. I don't think you can recycle aersol cans, non tin cans or plastic berry trays anywhere-unless someone knows somewhere. Tin foil can be taken to Harley Hollan-along with styrofoam.

          I started a list of what can be recycled where-I think a master list would be great. Maybe we could put it on the facebook page for everyone to see. What does everyone think?

          --- In TulsaMasterRecycler@yahoogroups.com, Djs5417@... wrote:

          > These are really cute--thanks for the website referral! However, I am guessing this means that plastic zip-lock type bags can't be recycled? I have never found an answer to this.
          > Thanks,
          > Jeanne

        • Anita Greiner
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
            How about on the website, I don't do facebook.

            They can be recycled at any place that take plastic bags (like Wal- Mart)-rinse them out first. I don't think you can recycle aersol cans, non tin cans or plastic berry trays anywhere-unless someone knows somewhere. Tin foil can be taken to Harley Hollan-along with styrofoam.

            I started a list of what can be recycled where-I think a master list would be great. Maybe we could put it on the facebook page for everyone to see. What does everyone think?

            --- In TulsaMasterRecycler@yahoogroups.com, Djs5417@... wrote:

            > These are really cute--thanks for the website referral!  However, I am guessing this means that plastic zip-lock type bags can't be recycled?  I have never found an answer to this.
            > Thanks,
            > Jeanne

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                TulsaMasterRecycler-digest@yahoogroups.com
                TulsaMasterRecycler-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Barbara VanHanken
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
              Thanks for this reminder about recycling plastic zip locks.  I will change another bad habit.
              Barbara
              Old Native American proverb:
              "We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."

              Barbara VanHanken

              On Jun 7, 2012, at 9:20 AM, Diana wrote:

              They can be recycled at any place that take plastic bags (like Wal- Mart)-rinse them out first. I don't think you can recycle aersol cans, non tin cans or plastic berry trays anywhere-unless someone knows somewhere. Tin foil can be taken to Harley Hollan-along with styrofoam.

              I started a list of what can be recycled where-I think a master list would be great. Maybe we could put it on the facebook page for everyone to see. What does everyone think?

              --- In TulsaMasterRecycler@yahoogroups.com, Djs5417@... wrote:

              > These are really cute--thanks for the website referral! However, I am guessing this means that plastic zip-lock type bags can't be recycled? I have never found an answer to this.
              > Thanks,
              > Jeanne

            • Diana Askins
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
                 remember, the M.e.t. has their recycling directory which has a lot of good info. we don't want to spend time redoing what has already been done. if there are a couple of people who would like to check into some of these things that would be great.             diana

                Printing in haste makes more waste; keep it green and read on the screen