    From: Barbara VANHANKEN <sophiabkv@...>
     Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:41 PM
    Subject: Earth Matters Film Series

    I am so deeply grateful for all of you becoming a part of this first Earth Matters Film Series. Your generous support is very gratifying and a very good sign for a healthy planet in the future.

    I have attached the final film schedule for the rest of the Film Series.  We have a very good variety of film/environmental topics including: fracking, earthquakes, GMO’s in our food, Tar Sands resistance, horned toads, radiation in water and celebration of success in our “battle for a living planet.”.  One of our films is even an Oklahoma film, Where Did The Horny Toads Go? There are so many great films that I would have liked to include, but hopefully we can include some of these in a future Film Series.

    I believe that watching a film followed by interactive discussions is a great way to help people learn about these many serious issues that are involved with a healthy environment and the reduction of Climate Change that is so vital to our healthy future for ourselves and generations to come.

    I will produce individual flyers for each of the remaining films and would be happy to share them with you if you would like to help reach larger potential audiences.  Just email me if you need some for a certain time. Also, If you know of someone who would be a good discussion leader for the films marked tbd (to be determined), please let me know.

    I do want to extend my deepest thanks to Clark Weins and the Circle Cinema Board and staff for agreeing to host another film event for me and for encouraging a stronger environmental presence in Tulsa.

    Warm regards and “see you at the movies,”
    Barbara

    "When the well's dry, we know the worth of water..."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1746

    Barbara VanHanken
    Chair Oklahoma Chapter Sierra Club
    918 671-6217