Best Times to Make Duaa (2 of 4)

  • Adil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 8:16 AM

      In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

      "May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

      Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

      Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
      As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

      Best Times to make Duaa
      (part 2 of 4)

      by Mutma'inaa

      read 1st part from

      continued ...

      10. During The Rain

      Narrated Sahel Ibn Saad (radiAllahu anhu): that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: 'Two will not be rejected, Supplication when the Adhan (call of prayer) is being called, and at the time of the rain'.
      [Al-Hakim 2: 114, and Abu Dawud #2540, ibn Majah]

      'Seek the response to your du'as when the armies meet, and the prayer is called, and when rain falls'
      [reported by Imam al-Shafi' in al-Umm, al-Sahihah #1469]

      The time of the rain is a time of mercy from Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) so, one should take advantage of this time when Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) is having mercy on His slaves.

      11. At the Adhan

      'Seek the response to your du'as when the armies meet, and the prayer is called, and when rain falls'
      [reported by Imam al-Shafi' in al-Umm, al-Sahihah #1469]

      In another hadith; 'When the prayer is called, the doors of the skies are opened, and the du'a is answered'
      [al-Tayalisi in his Musnad #2106, al-Sahihah #1413]

      12. The One Who Is Suffering Injustice and Opression

      The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said to Mua'ad Ibn Jabal (radiAllahu anhu), 'Beware of the supplication of the unjustly treated, because there is no shelter or veil between it (the supplication of the one who is suffering injustice) and Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala)'
      [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

      The prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) declared,
      'Three men whose dua is never rejected (by Allah) are: the fasting person until he breaks his fast (in another narration, when he breaks fast), the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.'
      [Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

      In another hadith; The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) declared:
      'Three du'as are surely answered: The du'a of the oppressed, the du'a of the traveler, and the du'a of the father/mother (upon their child)'

      The One who is suffering injustice is heard by Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) when he invokes Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) to retain his rights from the unjust one or oppressor. Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) has sworn to help the one who is suffering from injustice sooner or later as the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said.

      13. The Traveler

      The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler.

      [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

      During travel supplication is heard by Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) if the trip is for a good reason, but if the trip is for a bad intention or to perform illegal things (making sins) this will not apply to it.

      14. The Parent's Supplication for their Child

      The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

      15. Dua after praising Allah and giving salat on the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) in the tashahhud at the end of salat.

      Narrated Faddalah ibn Ubayd (radiAllahu anhu): that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
      'When anyone of you makes du'a, let him start by glorifying his Lord and praising Him, then let him send blessings upon the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), then let him pray for whatever he wants'
      [abu Dawud #1481, at-Tirmidhi #3477]

      In another hadith; Baqiy ibn Mukhallid (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
      'Every du'a is not responded to until one sends blessings upon the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)'
      [al-Bayhaqi]

      In another hadith; Umar (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
      'Du'a is detained between the heavens and the earth and no part of it is taken up until you send blessings upon your Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)'
      [at-Tirmidhi #486]

      After a person has finished his tashahhud and before saying the 'salam', supplication at this time is one likely to be responded to.
      Ibn Mas'ud narrates: I was once praying, and the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), Abu Bakr and Umar (were all present). When I sat down (in the final tashahhud), I praised Allah, then sent salams on the Prophet, then started praying for myself. At this, the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
      'Ask, and you shall be given it! Ask, and you shall be given it!'
      [at-Tirmidhi #593 - hasan, Mishkat al-Misbah #931]

      Read More About Duaa

      Mistakes That Prevent Duaa From Being Accepted
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LoveIslam_LiveIslam/message/87

      Etiquette of Making Duaa
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LoveIslam_LiveIslam/message/63

      Overstepping the Mark in Making Duaa ?

      Why doesn't Allaah answer our duaas?

      16. The dua of a Muslim for his absent brother or sister Muslim stemming from the heart.

      The prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
      'There is no believing servant who supplicates for his brother in his absence where the angels do say, 'the same be for you''
      [Muslim]

      17. Dua on the Day of Arafat

      The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: 'The best supplication is the supplication on the day of Arafat'.
      [at-Tirmidhi and Malik]

      The day of Arafat is the essence and pinnacle of Hajj. On this great and momentous day, millions of worshippers gather together on one plain, from every corner of the world, with only one purpose in mind - to respone to the call of their Creator. During this auspicious day, Allah does not refuse the requests of His worshippers.

      18. Dua during the month of Ramadan

      Ramadan is month full of many blessings, thus the du'a of Ramadan is a blessed one. This can be inferred from the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) saying:
      'When Ramadan comes, the Doors of Mercy (another narration says Paradise) are opened, and the doors of Hell are closed, and the Sahitans are locked up'
      Thus, it is clear that du'a during Ramadan has a greater chance of being accepted, as the Gates of Paradise and Mercy are opened.
      [Sahih al-Bukhari #1899, Muslim #1079 and others]

      to be continued...

      As-salaam Walekum

      Adil Khan

        Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in not-for-profit publications.

       We All LOVE Islam

      But We Create Our Own Rules On How To Follow Islam.

      Do We Really LIVE Islam ???

      What Seperates our Group from the rest ?
      Only Authentic Information about Islam is passed backed by Quran or Hadith's.
      Plus we only send max 1 mail per day.
      Join Today and learn more about Islam , Insha'Allah

      The Prophet (pbuh) said,
      Convey (my teachings) to the people even if it were a single sentence...”
      [Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 667]