How To Perform The Two Rakat Sunnah and Two Rakat Fardh Part Of The Down Prayer - Salat Al-Fajr

  • Shahid Khan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006

      The method of performing Salaah

      Amounts of Rakah for each time

      Fajr = First two rakat Sunnat Mokadda then two rakat Fard

      Zuhr =First four rakat Sunnat Mokadda then four rakat Fard then two rakat sunnat Mokadda; (two rakat nafils at the end are optional)

      Asr =First four rakat sunnat ghair mokadda then Four rakat Fard; (four rakat Sunnate Ghair mokadda befor this is optional)

      Maghrib = First three rakat Fard then two rakat Sunnat Mokadda; (Two nafils after sunnat are optional)

      Isha = First Four rakat Fard then two rakat sunnat mokkada then three rakats Wajib; (four rakat sunnat e ghair mokadda before farz, to nafil before and two after Wajib are optional)

      Before Namaaz

      Ensure that clothes are Paak and make Wudhu. Stand respectfully on a Paak place facing Qibla. Keep feet parallel about four fingers apart with toes pointing towards the Qibla and submit totally to Allah.

      Very Important (for Males)

      No garment, jubba or trousers should be allowed to overlap the ankles. It is Makroohe Tahreemee to perform Namaaz whilst any garment is overlapping the ankles. This means that the Farz of Namaaz will be considered as performed but there is very little Sawaab or benefit in such a Namaaz.

      For Females

      Women also perform their Salaat in the same way except for a few differences. WITHOUT HANDS BEING EXPOSED WOMEN should raise their hands to the height of their shoulders when saying Takbeer Tahreema.

      How To Perform The Two Rakat Sunnah Part Of The Down Prayer - Salat Al-Fajr

      First of all we intend for prayer to say:"I intend to perform the sunnah rakats of the dawn prayer for the pleasure of Allah".After making the intention, one raises both hands to the level of the ears so that the thumbs touch the ear lobes with the fingers spread open and directed towards the Holy Kaaba and enter into the prayer with the expression of the formula of magnification of Allah ("ALLAH-U AKBAR", Allah is the greatest). However, females raise their hands just to the point at which the ends of their palms reach to the level of their soulders with the palms turned in the direction of the Holy Kaaba and begin the prayer by uttering ( ALLAH-U AKBAR).

      After clasp the hands we recite:

      "Subhana Kalla Humma Wa Bee Hamdeeka Wata Baara Kasmooka Wa Ta'ala Jaddoo Ka Wa La ilaha Ghairuka"

      (O'Allah! All glory is due to You, I praise You, Your name is the Most Blessed, Your Majesty is highly exalted and there is none worthy of worship You.)

      �After Subhanaka we say:

      "Audhu billahi min-ash-shayta -nir-rajeem

      (I seek refuge in AIlah from Shaytan the accursed)

      Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-raheem"

      (I begin in the name of Allah. The Most Gracious The Most Merciful)

      we recite the Fatiha Afterwards we recite any short verses (Surah) of the Holy Qur'an

      Surah Fatiha

      Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil `alamin
      Arrahmanir Rahim
      Maliki yaw middin
      Iyyaka na`budu wa iyyaka nasta`in
      Ihdinas siratal mustaqim
      Siratal lazina an`amta `alayhim
      Ghayril maghzubi `alayhim walazzallin.

      Amin

      (I commence with the Name of Allah - in Whom all excellences are combined and Who is free from all defects. The Compassionate - One Whose blessings are extensive and unlimited. The Merciful - One Whose blessings are inherent and eternal.
      Praise be to Allah, the Sustainer of the creation.
      The Compassionate, the Merciful.
      Lord of the Day of Judgement.
      You alone we worship, and to You alone we pray for help.
      Guide us to the straight path.
      The path of those whom You have favoured - the Prophets and their successors.
      Not of those who have incurred Your wrath, nor of those who have gone astray.)

      Surah Al-Iklhas (The Purity - Chapter 112)

       "Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem." (Pause)

      (In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful)

      "Qul huwal lahu ahad." (Pause)

      "Allah hus sawmad." (Pause)

      "Lam yalid. Walam yulad." (Pause)

      "Walam yakun lahu kufuwan ahad."

      (Say: [Oh Muhammad (SAW)]: He is Allah, (the) One. Allah As-Sawmad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him)

      OR

      Surah Al-Falaq (The Day Break - Chapter 113)

      "Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" (Pause)

      (In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful)

      "Qul authubi rab-bil falaq." (Pause)

      "Min shar-rima khalaq." (Pause)

      "Wa min shar-ri ghasiqin itha waqab." (Pause)

      "Wa min shar-rin naf-fathati fil 'uqad." (Pause)

      "Wa min shar-ri hasidin itha hasad."

      (Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of the day-break, From the evil of what He has created; And from the evil of the darkening (night) as it comes with its darkness; (or the moon as it sets or goes away). And from the evil of the witchcraft's when they blow in the knots, And from the evil of the envier when he envies)

      OR

      Surah An-Nas (The Mankind - Chapter 114)

      "Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" (Pause)

      (In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful)

      "Qul authubi rab-bin nas." (Pause)

      "Malikin nas." (Pause)

      "Ila hin-nas." (Pause)

      "Min shar-ril waswa sil khan-nas." (Pause)

      "Allathee yuwaswisu fi sudu rin-nas." (Pause)

      "Minal jin-nati wan-nas."

      (Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind, The King of mankind, The ilah (God) of mankind, From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one's heart after one remembers Allah), Who whispers in the breasts of mankind, Of jinns and men)

      OR

      Any other Surah

      Than we go to bowing down.

      After we say three times at bowing down

      " Subhana Rabb'i-y-al-Adhiym "

      (How Glorious is my Lord the Great)

       and we stand up

      While we are standing up we say:

       "Sami  Allahu li-man hamidah

      (Allah has listened to him who has praised Him)

      Stand still for a moment, one says:

      " Rabb'ana lakal hamd "

      (O Our Lord Praise be to You)

      After then...

      We go to prostration by saying

      "Allahu Akbar"

      at the prostration we say three times

       " Subhana rabb'iy-al-A 'l�

      (All Glory be to my Lord, the Most High)

      We sit by saying "Allahu Akbar"

      Again...

      We go to prostration by saying

      "Allahu Akbar" ,

      at the prostration we say three times

       " Subhana rabb'iy-al-A 'l� "

      (All Glory be to my Lord, the Most High)

      We stand up from the prostration by saying: "Allah'u Akbar", thus second has rakat started

      After clasping the hands  we say:

      " Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-raheem"

      we recite the Fatiha Afterwards we recite any short verses (Surah) of the Holy Qur'an

      After than we go to bowing down.

      After we say three times at bowing down

      " Subhana Rabb'i-y-al-Adhiym "

       and we stand up

      While we are standing up we say:

       "Sami  Allahu li-man hamidah

      Stand still for a moment, one says:

      " Rabb'ana lakal hamd "

      After then...

      We go to prostration by saying

      "Allahu Akbar"

      at the prostration we say three times

       " Subhana rabb'iy-al-A 'l�

      We sit by saying "Allahu Akbar"

      Again...

      We go to prostration by saying

      "Allahu Akbar"

      at the prostration we say three times

       " Subhana rabb'iy-al-A 'l�

      We sit on the At-tahiy'yat  by saying

      " Allahu Akbar "

      After we sit and recite

      "Attahiyyatu lillahi was Salawatu wat tayyibaatu"

      "All devotions are due to Allah, all worship and all good deeds"

      "Assalamu 'alaika ayyuhan nabiyyu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh"

      "Peace be upon you O Prophet, Allah's Mercy and His Blessings"

      "Assalamu 'alaina wa 'ala 'ibadillahi Saliheen"

      "Peace be upon us and on the righteous servants of Allah "

      " Ash hadu an la ilaha illa Allah wa ash hadu anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa rasuluh"

      "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger"

      On reaching the KALIMA  Ash hadu an la ilaha illa Allah form a circle with the thumb and middle finger and lift the index finger of the right hand and at (ILLALLAHU) drop it onto the thigh. The circle should be maintained to the end.

      Now recite DUROODE IBRAHIM :

      Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aali Muhammad Kama sallaita 'ala Ibrahim wa 'ala aali Ibrahim Innaka Hameedum Majeed Allahumma baarik 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aali Muhammad Kama baarakta 'ala Ibrahim wa 'ala aali Ibrahim Innaka Hameedum Majeed

      O Allah shower Your mercy upon Muhammad  (peace and blessings be upon him) and the followers of Muhammad  (peace and blessings be upon him) as You showered Your mercy upon Ibrahim and the followers of Ibrahim. Behold, You are praiseworthy, glorious. O Allah shower Your blessings upon Muhammad  (peace and blessings be upon him) and the followers of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as You showered Your upon Ibrahim and the followers of Ibrahim. Behold, You are praiseworthy, glorious.

      After Durood recite this Duaa:

      Allahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman kathiran wala yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa anta, Faghfirli maghfiratan min indika war-hamni, innaka antalGhafur-Rahim."

      O Allah I have been extremely unjust to myself and none grants forgiveness against sins but You therefore forgive me with forgiveness that comes from You and have Mercy upon me. Verily, You are the Forgiving, the Mercifu.l

      After reciting prayer we turn the head first to the to right side by saying

      "As Salam-u alaikum wa rahmatullah"

      (Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah)

      �After that we turn the head to left side and repeat same words by saying

      "As Salam-u alaikum wa rahmatullah"

      Thus we finished the two rakats sunnah of the dawn prayer (Salat al Fajr).

      How To Perform The Two Rakat Fardh Part Of The Down Prayer - Salat Al-Fajr

        First of all we intend for prayer to say:"I intend to perform the fardh rakats of the dawn prayer for the pleasure of Allah". After making the intention do as same as the above.

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)