Re: i was curious and have some questions

  • courtney collins
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 27, 2004
      hi i don't believe in the whole muslum things. but jesus is real and there really was a virgin mary. but some things muslims believe in are different from what christians believe in. so it better to understand whats right and wrong and christain faith is right. how do i know i have faith.

      naman13cassie <naman6@...> wrote:
      hi i am not a muslim but i have some questions about islam if any of
      you (preferably muslims-to understand your point of view) would care
      to answer.
      1.What is the muslim view of salvation-is Islam entirely works based?
      2.What is the Muslim view on Jesus-was he a prophet-do you accept
      the virgin birth?
      3.Is there any apocalyptic prophesy in the Koran similar to
      revelation-and if so plese describe.
                       thanks Naman

      On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said: The messenger of Allah said :

      p "Each person's every joint must perform a charity every day the sun comes up : to act justly between two people is a charity; to help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoistingd up his belongings onto it is a charity: a good word is a charity, every step you take to prayers is a charity and removing a harmful thing from the road is a charity."

      p related by Bukhari and Muslim.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • faithful_232
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2004
        --- In truth-zone@yahoogroups.com, courtney collins
        <rudecourt88@y...> wrote:
        > hi i don't believe in the whole muslum things. but jesus is real
        and there really was a virgin mary. but some things muslims believe
        in are different from what christians believe in. so it better to
        understand whats right and wrong and christain faith is right. how
        do i know i have faith.

        Hi,

        We too believe that Jesus was real, and we also believe he was one
        of the mightiest prophets of God. And we believe that he was the
        messiah as well as the word of God. That he was born miraculously –
        without any male intervention-, and his mother is the pious virgin
        Mary. That he gave life to the dead by God's permission, and that he
        healed those born blind and the lepers by God's permission. As a
        matter of fact, no religion in the world outside Christianity makes
        it an article of faith for its adherents to believe in, love and
        hounour Jesus except Islam.

        You said : "some things muslims believe in are different from what
        christians believe in. "

        Yes, although Muslims, like Jews and Chrisitans, worship the God of
        Noah, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus - peace be upon them all. It
        is certainly true that today Jews, Christians and Muslims (the 3
        Abrahamic faiths of the world) all have different concepts of
        Almighty God. For example, Muslims - like Jews - reject the
        Christian beliefs of the Trinity and the Divine Incarnation. This,
        however, doesn't mean that each of these three religions worships a
        different God. However, Islam teaches that other religions have, in
        one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief
        in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them
        with man-made ideas.

        Jesus in Mark 12:29 said "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one
        Lord."

        And this we believe is the true message that Jesus actually
        preached, for God Almighty in his last revelation to mankind said:

        It is not (possible) that a man, to whom is given the Book, and
        Wisdom, and the prophetic office, should say to people: "Be ye my
        worshippers rather than Allah's": on the contrary (He would say) "Be
        ye worshippers of Him Who is truly the Cherisher of all: For ye have
        taught the Book and ye have studied it earnestly." [Quran 3:79]

        Therefore the heart of Islam is to believe that our God is the one
        God, Who has no partner. Nothing is like Him. He is All-Powerful,
        absolutely Just, and there is no other entity in the entire universe
        worthy of worship besides Him.

        Have a good day...

        Faithful
      • Eoghan
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2004
          Prove it.

          Saying 'I have faith because I have faith' isnt going to cut it.
          Eoghan

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
            --- In truth-zone@yahoogroups.com, "Eoghan" <eoghan69r@y...> wrote:
            > Prove it.
            >
            > Saying 'I have faith because I have faith' isnt going to cut it.
            > Eoghan

            Hey Eughon,

            Proving `faith' is very simple and straight-forward. Turning
            to the
            Creator to Whom we owe our existence is surely something that
            satisfies the human soul.

            As a matter of fact, people who deny faith, are not totally unaware
            of religion. The majority acknowledge the existence of Allah (God),
            the All-Powerful , Who created themselves and the entire universe.
            Yet despite this, they develop a deviant understanding of religion.
            In many verses of the Quran, Allah relates that ppl cant comprehend
            the existence of God , since they do not ponder in His creations:

            And if you ask them, Who created the heavens and the earth and made
            the sun and the moon subservient, they will certainly say, Allah.
            Whence are they then turned away? (Quran 29:61)

            And if you should ask them who created them, they would certainly
            say: Allah. Whence are they then turned back? (Quran 43:87)

            Say: Who gives you sustenance from the heaven and the earth? Or Who
            controls the hearing and the sight? And Who brings forth the living
            from the dead, and brings forth the dead from the living? And Who
            regulates the affairs? Then they will say: Allah. Say then: Will you
            not then guard (against evil)? (Quran 10:31)

            The main reason why these ppl stray from their Creator's path is
            the
            strong attachment they have for this life. Due to this attachment,
            they simply disregard the facts and deceive themselves by some
            flimsy reasoning. If they pondered profoundly, they would realize
            that they would remain as Allah's devoted slaves all through
            their
            lives.

            My friend Eughon, this life is short and temporary. You can easily
            says its like `a blink of an eye'. It is surely unwise to
            neglect
            the next world just for the sake of this one. We are here for a
            purpose. And Allah almighty clearly states this purpose:

            And I have not created the jinn and the men except that they should
            serve Me.I do not desire from them any sustenance and I do not
            desire that they should feed Me. Surely Allah is the Bestower of
            sustenance, the Lord of Power, the Strong. (Quran 51:56-58)

            Best Wishes,

            Faithful