Re: Starter and guage problems

  • Ian Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2000
      I had the same problem. Triumph Australia and UK said that other makes
      misted up and that it was not a problem. Strange I have had Honda, Yamaha,
      Suzuki, Old Triumph Bonny, Norton, BMW, DKW, Matchless, none of these old or
      new machines had this problem. I believe that triumph are trying to hide
      behind rhetoric and avoid their warrantee obligations. Even the Consumers
      Affairs department in Oz said they could do nothing unless I could
      demonstrate that the misting gauge affected the bike.

      The good news is that now it is summer it doesn't mist up but I'm sure it
      will next winter. Bastards.. It is a great product spoilt by some minor
      things and rotten warrantee coverage.

      Ian Taylor
    • WG3COY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2000
        In a message dated 29/01/00 10:16:57, you write:

        << f you are hearing the solenoid clicking then it sounds to me like the
        starter....My 95 Sprint gave me similar trouble some time back....I even
        swapped out the battery in hopes that it would be that but to no avail...I
        finally approached the starter, pulled it out and disassembled it and found
        it full of oil...seems a seal failed and it slowly started to die until it
        wouldn't turn the engine over. I had lights ,etc but it just wouldn't turn
        it over. Just a thought and good luck >>

        My wife has taken hers in for repair this very day!! I will give you the
        result as soon as possible. Sprint ST is now having fuel gauges replaced.
        Can anyone pass this info on at their clubs or other list. They have waited
        a year for this update!! John B
      • Ken Hastie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2000
          On 29 Jan 00 at 12:52, WG3COY@... wrote:

          > you the result as soon as possible. Sprint ST is now having fuel
          > gauges replaced.

          What was the problem? My fuel gauge mists up all the time but
          Triumph say that is not a reason to replace under warranty.

          Geordie Ken, Tyneside UK ken.hastie@...
          SST #13 BOF #021
          BSA A75R, A10, B40, D7, D14, Triumph Trophy 1200 and an MGB
          The Police stopped Fred and approached with the breathalyser.
          "What's that?" he asked.
          "It tells you when you've had too much to drink".
          "Amazing. I'm married to one of them"