Re: Meeting somewhere Central (serious)

  • Brian E.
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 30, 2001
      Count me in, anywhere we need to meet. I enjoy riding all over the
      country and meeting new people, and even not so new people. I would
      also be willing to help with the planning etc... This sounds like a
      great idea.
    • Tom Witt
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001
        I just got back from a two-day camping trip with several other
        members of another motorcycle list. They called it the "Ohio Meating"
        ("Meating" being a term meaning "meeting in person", not online). We
        met in Southeastern Ohio and did a group ride thru some of the area
        all the way down to the edge of WV that is famous for great
        motorcycle roads. Very rural area, lots of twisties. The Apalachian
        mountains (they really aughta call them "hills"! Hehe) are beautiful
        this time of year. Unfortunately camping was a bit brisk and it was
        hard to get a good nights sleep when the temps dropped down into the
        upper-30's.<g>

        The Trophy performed flawlessly in several different types of riding
        conditions. I finally broke the "40MPG mark" and actually saw about
        44MPG on the trip back.

        I'm up for a group meeting somewhere, but am limited on the distance
        I can travel based on time (full time job, family, etc). Would have
        to be a weekend thing for me. Either that, or I'd have to take off
        work which I wouldn't be able to do until next year. Don't mind
        riding in the cold, but it's gonna be getting REAL cold real soon for
        some us in the Northern Sates.

        Tom (Southwestern Ohio) - 96BRG900

        --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., motoworld2001@y... wrote:
        > Me, Me,!!
        > You can put me on the list since I suggested it!! My computer
        > skills are lacking but the flesh is willing as long as my wife will
        > cope with the concept. You know a bunch of motorcyclest all in one
        > place at the same time, and to make it even more scarry all Trophy
        > riders! Seriously my skills on the computer are not up to par so
        for
        > that end of it I'm about usless but I do like to ride and hang out
        in
        > nice places with good food, people, and drink and not always in
        that
        > order! Keep me informed.
        > Tom
        >

        > --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., brucetrophy@c... wrote:
        > >
        > > > Seriously though....I'd ride miles to meet folks from the list!
        > >
        > > I would enjoy this a great deal. Perhaps we could find someplace
        > > central to the US and another place central to the UK. We could
        > post
        > > pics, have a brew, etc. If any of the US group think it is a
        good
        > > idea we could set a date after the snow melts for those in the
        > Arctic
        > > states and Canada. If we are really serious then we would first
        > have
        > > to have a post or database created that everyone responded to
        with
        > > their hometown. We could then figure out what was indeed central
        > for
        > > the majority of us, I doubt it is Kansas although it might be.
        > > I for one would like to meet, we could exchange squid stories and
        > > tales of former daring such as the time my rear
        wheel "accidentally"
      • brucetrophy@cs.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001

          > I'm up for a group meeting somewhere, but am limited on the
          distance
          > I can travel based on time (full time job, family, etc). Would have
          > to be a weekend thing for me.

          I think this will be an issue for many. This is why I suggested we
          compile a list of where everyone lives from those who are
          interested. This way we can actually figure out what is "central" to
          those who want to do it and then from there figure out where we want
          to meet. I thought the idea of the two wheel resort was good but it
          may be a 1000 miles from where the majority of the group lives.
          I know several (to include myself) are somewhat leery of posting a
          lot of personal information in easily accessed files areas. So, I am
          offering to gather the info on where people live, compile it, and
          report back to the group. I am not a statistician, computer pro, nor
          do I know geometry. I can, however, look at the data and make some
          suggestions to the group. If you don't want to send me your hometown
          then just put your name and part of the state you live in. For
          instance, Billy Bob Bubba in East Texas. Some of you live in small
          states so the area does not matter, for those in Texas, California,
          Alaska and a few others it does.
          Here is the format if you are interested

          Name
          Location
          Preferred time of year in 2002

          After we get this we can then work on where we want to meet based on
          what is central to the group that responds. If we can actually agree
          on a central place and pull this off then we all need to send a
          thanks to Tom for coming up with the idea. Good idea Tom, we will
          soon see if we are all too independent to make it work for a large
          number of the group.
          Bruce
        • Trey Herb
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001
            Trey Herb
            Northern Virginia
            Mid May

            http://phone.yahoo.com
          • Brian E.
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001
              Brian Ervin
              Central Mississippi
              anytime
            • Tom Witt
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001
                Tom Witt, Southwestern Ohio. Within the next few weeks, I can
                probably do anything within Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and possibly
                bordering edges of surrounding states (Western Ill, SE Mich, Northern
                Tenn, Eastern Penn, Etc). Once spring rolls around, I can probably
                expand that out without too much trouble and possibly even be able to
                stretch it out more than a couple days depending on scheduling. No
                real preference in specific dates.

                What we did with my other group to decide "WHEN" was to post several
                choices and allowed everyone to vote for the dates they were able to
                come. The one with the most votes became the date of our gathering.

                Tom (SW Ohio) - 96BRG900

                --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., brucetrophy@c... wrote:

                > > I'm up for a group meeting somewhere, but am limited on the
                > distance
                > > I can travel based on time (full time job, family, etc). Would
                have
                > > to be a weekend thing for me.
                >
                > I think this will be an issue for many. This is why I suggested we
                > compile a list of where everyone lives from those who are
                > interested. This way we can actually figure out what is "central"
                > those who want to do it and then from there figure out where we
                want
                > to meet. I thought the idea of the two wheel resort was good but
                it
                > may be a 1000 miles from where the majority of the group lives.
                > I know several (to include myself) are somewhat leery of posting
                > lot of personal information in easily accessed files areas. So, I
                am
                > offering to gather the info on where people live, compile it, and
                > report back to the group. I am not a statistician, computer pro,
                nor
                > do I know geometry. I can, however, look at the data and make some
                > suggestions to the group. If you don't want to send me your
                hometown
                > then just put your name and part of the state you live in. For
                > instance, Billy Bob Bubba in East Texas. Some of you live in small
                > states so the area does not matter, for those in Texas, California,
                > Alaska and a few others it does.
                > Here is the format if you are interested
                >
                > Name
                > Location
                > Preferred time of year in 2002
                >
                > After we get this we can then work on where we want to meet based
                on
                > what is central to the group that responds. If we can actually
                agree
                > on a central place and pull this off then we all need to send a
                > thanks to Tom for coming up with the idea. Good idea Tom, we will
                > soon see if we are all too independent to make it work for a large
                > number of the group.
                > Bruce
              • Jeff Fennema
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001
                  Jeff Fennema
                  west of Chicago, 80 klicks
                  > I'm up for a group meeting somewhere, but am limited on the
                  distance
                  > I can travel based on time (full time job, family, etc). Would have
                  > to be a weekend thing for me.

                  I think this will be an issue for many. This is why I suggested we
                  compile a list of where everyone lives from those who are
                  interested. This way we can actually figure out what is "central" to
                  those who want to do it and then from there figure out where we want
                  to meet. I thought the idea of the two wheel resort was good but it
                  may be a 1000 miles from where the majority of the group lives.
                  I know several (to include myself) are somewhat leery of posting a
                  lot of personal information in easily accessed files areas. So, I am
                  offering to gather the info on where people live, compile it, and
                  report back to the group. I am not a statistician, computer pro, nor
                  do I know geometry. I can, however, look at the data and make some
                  suggestions to the group. If you don't want to send me your hometown
                  then just put your name and part of the state you live in. For
                  instance, Billy Bob Bubba in East Texas. Some of you live in small
                  states so the area does not matter, for those in Texas, California,
                  Alaska and a few others it does.
                  Here is the format if you are interested

                  Name
                  Location
                  Preferred time of year in 2002

                  After we get this we can then work on where we want to meet based on
                  what is central to the group that responds. If we can actually agree
                  on a central place and pull this off then we all need to send a
                  thanks to Tom for coming up with the idea. Good idea Tom, we will
                  soon see if we are all too independent to make it work for a large
                  number of the group.
                  Bruce

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations and comments are solely and strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk and discretion of the reader!

                • TBuse5@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001
                    In a message dated 10/1/01 10:26:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
                    brucetrophy@... writes:

                    > Here is the format if you are interested
                    >
                    > Name
                    > Location
                    > Preferred time of year in 2002

                    Terry
                    Pensacola, Florida
                    Flexible

                  • John Norton
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001
                      Triumph is having their 100 year bash next year maybe we could make the
                      event a national rally. Arkansas, Missouri or Kentucky have great roads and
                      are somewhat central. Eureka Springs AK, Branson MO or the wine country West
                      of St. Louis would be worth a look. All of teem are <1000 miles from a lot
                      of riders.
                    • motoworld2001@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 1, 2001
                        Tom Donovan
                        Southern Connneticut
                        Spring 2002

                        Thank's
                      • L. Peer
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 2, 2001
                          Larry Peer

                          Central CA

                          Late Summer
                        • Trey Herb
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 2, 2001
                            I was actually thinking Southern Illinois.

                            --- John Norton <jgnorton621@...> wrote:
                            > Triumph is having their 100 year bash next year
                            > maybe we could make the
                            > event a national rally. Arkansas, Missouri or
                            > Kentucky have great roads and
                            > are somewhat central. Eureka Springs AK, Branson MO
                            > or the wine country West
                            > of St. Louis would be worth a look. All of teem are
                            > <1000 miles from a lot
                            > of riders.

                            http://phone.yahoo.com
                          • Dave Cottini
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 2, 2001
                              i live in exeter, i'll be there

                            • jfpoulin@kpmindustries.com
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 3, 2001
                                I am in Montreal, Canada.
                                Would like to be part of that meeting.

                                J.F. Poulin
                                1999 900 blue trophy
                              • mikepbest@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 3, 2001
                                  An excuse for a long ride, talking about bikes and meeting new
                                  friends? Count me in!

                                  Mike Best
                                  Windsor, Ontario, Canada
                                  Anytime Mid-May to Late September 2002

                                  '98 BRG 1200
                                • william stanley
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 4, 2001
                                    Wil Stanley
                                    Kansas (Kanas City area)
                                    Anytime that is NOT winter :)

                                  • rmurdoch@magma.ca
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 5, 2001
                                      Howdy,

                                      I just returned from my first long rode trip - 4,700Km (~2,900M) in
                                      8.5 days. Toured Canada's east coast (Nova Scotia) including the
                                      sport mecca of the Cabot's Trail. Bike ran flawlessly; except for
                                      burnt tail light on last day (the only day I wanted to run at night),
                                      and still not fixed - can't locate the fault.

                                      Please count me in to meet the great folks on this group.

                                      Name: Ron Murdoch
                                      Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Great White North
                                      Preferred ToY: 2002 w/ no salt on the roads

                                      --- In TriumphTrophy@y...,: