Key blanks

  • Tom Halchuk
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2013

      I have a single key for my 1996 Triumph Trophy.  Anyone know where I can get a key blank or blank # or cross reference??

      --
      Tom
    • angusbain2000
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2013

        Tom id Luv to know, im the same year and in the same boat (hope there is no hole in the bottom lol) i will follow with interest to replies. thanks.

      • djacarr@sky.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2013
          Key blanks are available from Triumph dealers. About £10 for a blank, around £30 cut, according to the parts listings on World Of Triumph.

          You could try your local Timsons or Mr Minits (in the UK, not sure where you are located), show them the key and ask if they can copy it.

          David

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2013
            Try a local lock/key shop. I had a spare key made for less than $5. I
            believe it was a Honda automobile blank. It doesn't have the plastic
            "handle" portion but it works as well as the originals.

            Don

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2013
              I got one from this outfit :
              cost £3.25 + 99p P&P
              and had it cut by the local key cutter guy.
              They don't seem to list our key any more, but maybe if you got hold of them....

              Miles

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 2013
                  Thanks
                  I'm in the Boston,MA area - US

                  I'll call around.  I have a bunch of single keys I need to address for other bikes

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 9, 2013
                    After my second to last long trip, my only set of keys got temporarily
                    misplaced. I pulled the ignition lock, no easy task, and took it down to
                    a local locksmith, recommended by the local Triumph dealer. They had
                    three keys made for me in less than an hour - $33 total. The keys don't
                    look like my oem key, but they were lots cheaper, faster, and they work
                    a treat. So, the moral of the story is try your local locksmiths before
                    looking all over the Internet. I also did an Internet search and found a
                    couple of vendors who do indeed sell the oem blanks.

                    Bud Izen
                    '99 Platinum 900
                    Eugene Oregon