Fuel tap

  • peterlucas343
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
    I have recently acquired an early 1991 triumph trophy that has been modified and resprayed over its life. The petrol tap has no markings and I am not sure which position is “on”, “reserve” and “pri”. I am pretty certain that when the knob is pointing downwards it is in the “on” position. So the question is which way do I turn it for reserve and prime?
    Any answers welcome. I attach a pic of the bike.
    Thanks guys
    Peter
  • slovcan

        Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2013

          there is a fourth position on the fuel tap - quite a common one - it is when the lobe on the inside of the knob is broken and the spindle on the tank is seized - this position is called random - so if the tap feels stiff get in there with some grease before its too late....

          Dan

        • Don Varnau
          Message 5 of 5 , Dec 23, 2013
            Hi,