Re: No blinkie

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 8, 2013
      Thanks for all the inputs on this. I thought I only had responses from Pappa Jack until I looked into my junk folder and for some reason all my TriumphTrophy@... stuff is being filtered out.

      Due to a 6 and 3 year old, I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot yet. With all the info I have received, I am looking forward to diving in and taking a look. Thanks again.

      Rick

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "gordon2xbbb" <gordon.smith29@...> wrote:

      > So many responses to this I'm not sure where to start but there are a couple of points that need stating first and foremeost before we all disappear up our own fundaments...
    • Rick and Rachel Kefauver
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 9, 2013
        Ok so I've determined that low battery, bad connection to left front blinker has taken it's toll on the blinker relay. Any hints where it's located? Under seat or behind dashboard?
          I will probably disassemble seat, fairings, gas tank for additional maintenance,but if I can get another month of riding with a "easy" relay swap...  Thx Rick
      • gordon2xbbb
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 10, 2013
          Hi Rick,

          Which bike you got ?
          MKI (single headlight) or MkII (twin headlights) ?

          MkI it's under the rear of the seat, next to the Fuse Box

          MkII it's mounted directly behind the headlamps, attached almost centrally, to the Fairing Mounting Frame, usually the lower relay if memory serves.

          I hope you're using a decent Service Manual ? Either Triumphs own (CD Version available to download) or The Good Book of Haynes (GBoH) #2162
          HTH

          Cheers
          Gordon
          2xBBB, 1xTiger800
          Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 10, 2013
            Gordon,
            It's the MkII. When I installed the new battery yesterday and tried the blinkers and hazards again, I heard an electrical chatter under the "dashboard" behind the lamps.  Thought I'd ask before I pulled fairings just to find it easy access.  I have the Haynes manual.

            Never an easy pull the seat and swap.  I'm due an air filter clean and radiator flush, so my procrastination is coming to fruition. Guess I get her naked and get to work.

            Thx again, Rick

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 10, 2013
              Hi Rick,

              If you have the time and a suitable work/storage space it's a good idea to familiarise yourself with removing the Nose Section of the Fairing. It means taking off the Screen and Mirrors....BUT it does give brilliant access to all the wiring and connections behind, which may very well require a good going over and re-routing....as well as the offending Flasher Unit - GBoH 9.10 photo 12.3d refers.

              I got ahead of myself earlier - I have mounted a Horn Relay in the same position, hence the confusion (I mentioned the lower one I think)

              Cheers
              Gordon 2xBBB 1xTiger800

              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Rick and Rachel Kefauver <rlkefauver@...> wrote:

              > Gordon,
              > It's the MkII. When I installed the new battery yesterday and tried the blinkers and hazards again, I heard an electrical chatter under the "dashboard" behind the lamps. Thought I'd ask before I pulled fairings just to find it easy access. I have the Haynes manual.
            • Nick Baker private
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 11, 2013

                For what it’s worth when I take the nose section off my bike I do not remove the screen first, just the mirrors, chin plate, side fairing bolts, headlamp adjuster (from inside the fuse box pocket)  and main fixings under the headlamps. With a little practice it comes off in less than 15 minutes and goes back on about the same time.

                Cheers, Nick

              • Rick and Rachel Kefauver
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 11, 2013
                  I've had the nose off to replace the rubber bushings for the dash and hoped I never had to return.  Guess I should have cleaned up while I was in there.

                  Part will be in next week, so I can procrastinate another 5 days before I bite the bullet.

                  Rick