Re: [TriumphTrophy] RE: Fwd: needle jets/jet needles

  • Seth Tunstall
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 25, 2013
      Thanks for the tips, everyone. Yes, I've got my eye on a couple of ebay auctions. Carbs in usable condition would probably end up cheaper than faffing around with needle jets & jet needles. As an aside, what sort of mileage are people getting at the moment? I don't mean to start That Thread again (i've read the many mileage threads archived) but I think mine seems a bit low. I commute daily two-up with my wife and get roughly 30mpg (UK) which seems a little on the low side. I'm assuming this is probably due to the not-quite-right running of my carbs.

      On 25 September 2013 10:33, Seth Tunstall <sethp@...> wrote:
      Thanks for the tips, everyone. Yes, I've got my eye on a couple of ebay auctions. Carbs in usable condition would probably end up cheaper than faffing around with needle jets & jet needles. As an aside, what sort of mileage are people getting at the moment? I don't mean to start That Thread again (i've read the many mileage threads archived) but I think mine seems a bit low. I commute daily two-up with my wife and get roughly 30mpg (UK) which seems a little on the low side. I'm assuming this is probably due to the not-quite-right running of my carbs.

      On 24 September 2013 19:58, <adeux60@...> wrote:

      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Trophy-1200Mikuni-carburetor-/121182048317

      ---In triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com, <tommo903@...> wrote:

      Seth, regarding a UK supplier of Mikuni carb parts try Allens Performance http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/

      Whilst I've not needed to use them for my Triumph, I have used them many times for my older bikes...worth a try anyway.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 25, 2013

        my 2000 brg BBBB since overhaul 10k miles ago has consistently returned 10 miles per litre, regardless of loading or throttle, only time consumption increased was when choke mechanism went wrong
        graham

      • Seth Tunstall
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 31, 2013
          hi everyone, I bought those carbs someone pointed out earlier in this thread and got them installed two weekends back, and the bike is running brilliantly now. I've gone from high-20s/low 30s MPG up to mid-40s. The bike also idles very smoothly now and has none of the irritating hanging-up of revs. Thanks again, mystery Internet bikers :-)