RE: Lowside = salvaged bike, parting out or selling 1998 Trophy 900

  • greg95ns
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2013

      Hi Ty, I has been a while since your crash. What have you decided to do with your Trophy? I'm guessing you've looked on Ebay to see what they are selling for. We won't get much. So I would fix it if I were you. Then sometimes it comes down to how much room you have in your garage. I built my Sprint Sport from dead parts from Ebay. I just love it.

      If you plan to part it out will you be using Ebay? There are a few of us bottom feeders looking for extra parts.

      Greg Andrews

      '96 900 BRG 95,000 smiles

      '98 900 Sprint Sport 20,000 smiles

      --- In triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com, <love2ridemytriumph@...> wrote:

      Give God a chance, He has for you. J. Gray

      On Aug 27, 2013, at 6:27 PM, "tylansgcom" <tydiver@...> wrote:

      Hey all,

      So I had a little lesson on why you don't want to be on the front brake when hitting deep gravel. Landed on the right side at about 25 mph.

      I replaced the right side panel with my old turquoise one. It's kinda funky with the dark blue. I had a parking lot drop on the left side a couple years ago and swapped for some dark blue plastic and tank from a 1,200 Trophy. Both panniers are scratched up (turquoise) but functional.

      So, I'm thinking of either parting it out if there is interest, selling it as is, or trading it for an adventure bike. 1998 Trophy 900 69K+ miles. Located in San Jose California. I am the original owner.

      Good stuff:
      Corbin seat, stock seat, stock 1,200cc seat as well.
      New alternator (cost me $921 last month when the original one died in Yellowstone),
      Two stock screens, and one shorty screen.
      Hagon 140KG shock with remote preload HA M66009R from Dave Quinn Motorcycles.
      Race Tech .95LB springs and gold emulators on the font forks.
      All suspension work was done by Catalyst Reaction, the bike rides really well. No front end dive, corners like a champ, and eats bumps effortlessly.
      Two gas tanks, one dark blue, one turquoise.
      Replaced two of the coils with Nology coils.
      Rear plastic turquoise.
      Left side turquoise plastic lightly scratched.
      Two extra mirrors one each side.

      Bad stuff:
      Salvaged title
      Scratched up nose plastic on right side.
      Deep scratches in panniers.
      Small scratches on right exhaust.
      Deep scratch on right swing arm from earlier exhaust mounting that went wrong.
      Three of the holding brackets are bent on the right side panel. Looks like they could be bent back with some effort/tools.
      Tiny scratches on brake levers, right mirror, front tire plastic.

      Tires, front is PR3 with about 7k miles. Rear is Pilot Power with 1.5k miles.

      Pictures and answers available via email or feel free to call or text 8am-8pm Pacific time Six Five Zero 867 seven eight seven two.

      Ty
      PS. I am fine. I was wearing my Roadcrafter, Dainese boots, Arai helmet, Helimot gloves, and Hit-Air airbag vest (from saftermoto.com). So all I have to show for my slide is some small scrapes on my knuckles from when my right hand was under my body during the slide.

    • angusbain2000