Re: [TriumphTrophy] 1996 900 in Merlot Red

  • chicagonort
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2013
      Brian,,,, you do know the Merlot Red is the fastest of the trophy's ,,,right !

      ,,,Tim

      In a message dated 9/13/2013 11:57:15 A.M. Central Daylight Time, bfitzsimons@... writes:

      Hi guys,

      I am just dipping my toe in the water here; but after a viral illness that left me suffering from a nasty post viral arthritis (and I’m only 49), I am seriously wondering whether I hang on to my beloved Trophy 900 or let it go, and look for a lighter machine.

      I bought my baby 4 years ago from a Brit bike enthusiast in Wick, with an Aladdin’s Cave of bikes in his garage.  He maintained it regularly, himself.  He developed arthritis in his knees, so sold it on.  I now know how he feels.  She has 29,000 miles on her.  She has been fully serviced annually by a local wizard, irrespective of mileage covered (only 10,000 miles since I came into her life). I have added Tokico 6 pot front brakes, Hagon front springs and rear shock, a large Clearview screen with vents, a Corbin saddle and a Triumph Top Box.  I would happily arrange delivery in person, with appropriate journey costs home, or it is available for viewing n Tain, 40m north of Inverness.

      Like I say, I am just considering the options, but for the right price, I’ll let her go to a good home – warm garage and lots of TLC preferred.

      Please contact  directly on bfitzsimons@..., to keep the site free of adverts.  I am only letting the forum know, as I think I can find my baby a good home through this group.

      Thanks,

      Brian

    • angusbain2000

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2013

            Hi guys,

            Laptop crash due to undetected spyware, so I’ve been off grid for a time.

            Merlot Red is the fastest, the prettiest, and the most fun!

            Regards,

            Brian

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2013

                Nah, platinum fades into the twighlight, Red rocks…….. and triples are a treat!  (but who’s counting?)

                Regards,

                Brian