RE: Re: [TriumphTrophy] Staintunes for sale

  • highwayknight
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2013

      Jason, it's been my experience that engineers are paid to design profitable machines by companies that want the best performance for the least expenditure which is not necessarily the same thing as the best performance. That's why factory bikes aren't nearly as quick as race bikes.  I see your point about loud Harleys and their sometimes idiotic riders however that's their thing.  This is not the same.  I like my Trophy for a number of reasons, one of them is the fact that they're rare.  You don't often see them and I get a lot of compliments or just questions at fuel/rest stops from other riders.  What's even more rare is to see one that's been tastefully modified.  If you like your stock machine, that's great but live and let live man.  Peace.

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, <triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      OK so maybe I don't get it ... all those Triumph engineers working on getting the best performance from our engines without pissing off the neighbors ... enough that Harley guys do the load pipe thing ... but they don't have any power to begin with ... so no surprise they need the attention. They also wear beanie helmets and put ape hangers on their bikes. Until I'm smart enough to understand why we need loader pipes (or sound decides to run in front of the bike) : I'll keep wearing my full face helmet and run the stock pipes.

      Jason

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013
        Is the picture on Ebay a picture of them on YOUR bike?
        Ed J.

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, <triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi Jack, I'm located in Michigan and the reserve is $500 (what I paid for them). I stuck them on my '96 with just the clamps (the rear hanger was the part that won't line up) and fired it up just to see how they'd sound and they do sound nice, throaty not loud kind of like you'd expect an expensive sports car to sound like.  I didn't try them without the baffles, I'm not into that whole "loud pipes save lives" thing.  The throttle response was quicker too.  They do look nice on the bike.

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, <triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hey Mr. Knight,
          Where are you? And what would be your sell now price (if you have one). I love the way these guys sound, but I have no Idea about prices at all. I have a '95 BBBB, and have often thought I'd like to get a set. I don't know if I can afford such extravagance ?
         Kindest regards,
           Poppa Jack--Buena Park, Ca.