Re: [TriumphTrophy] RE: Poor starting

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 27, 2013
      Send them to me Greg and I'll put them in there for you.
      Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB
      On 8/27/2013 10:48 AM, gandrews2@... wrote:

      Hi Sam, The problem is most likely one of the two mentioned. Dropping the float bowls cost you nothing but time. But you doing that kind of maintenance is a good thing. You might fine that the fuel or vacuum lines needs replacing. I did the "Johnson Jolt" on my '96 900 BRG and it does start much easier. I ought to take some pictures and put them in the files. It really isn't that hard to do. Putting pictures in the photos file is a task that would be more difficult to me.

      Greg Andrews

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, <sgtalbot57@...> wrote:

      I'd hear them rolling about wouldn't I Glenn!

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "slovcan" <slovcan@...> wrote:

      > If it has Mikuni carbs, drop the float bowls and look for mysterious brass jets rolling around in the bottom of one or more carbs. Ed, you remember those, right? ;-)
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Glenn

    • slovcan
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31, 2013

        No Sam, I don't expect you would hear a thing. They normally idle like diesels anyway. They are starter circuit jets in the Mikunis and are press-fit into the floats assemblies. Now, I haven't seen this i person - just repeating what others here have discoered. Several people here have had them fall out which, seems to me, would dump excess fuel into the engine making starting difficult to impossible. Some have had good luck pressing them back in. I think somebody mentioned using an adhesive to hold them in. I think somebody else mentioned heating the plastic floats to more mold the shape around the jet to hold it in. The best solution may be new float assemblies.

        Cheers,

        Glenn