Re: Brake calipers

  • rick
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4 4:57 AM
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "angusbain2000" <angusbain2000@...> wrote:

      > Hi, i have just purchased a 900 Trophy not running ... I had read online that one of the weak points with the Trophy 900 (maybe 1200 as well?) is the front calipers are a bit weak ...

      As others have mentioned, change the pads over HH+, but keep the stock calipers. I tried most of the HH+ pads, including EBS and Galphers. Dunlopads is the best in my experience, and give a noticibly stronger and fade free performance.

      I put a set of 6 pot calipers on - they bolt straight on off a Hayabusa and some other bikes. I was underwhelmed to be honest, although some like them. I took them off, went back to stock calipers with Dunlop HH+ and have all the braking performance I could ever use.

      Good luck.
    • gluman3
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4 7:11 PM
        They may have purchased cheap Chinese knock of "HH" pads. I have seen them on eBay. Be sure to buy a known brand name in original packaging. A company like EBC could not afford the bad press and liability from their products "falling apart".