Re: Dipstick v Sightglass

  • Daniel Barclay
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2013
      The dip stick in my 95 is in the lhs oil cap filler. So you would have to be able to fit the lh cover too. I have no experience of this change being possible or not - only that no one has done it to my knowledge. (no need to lose the rh cover in effect)

      I do know that the sight glass is exchangeable. I had this on a suzi and found it practical once I had spotted the change and being a lighter bike I could rock it.

      But the reason I post is in response to the haters who may like to consider removing the sight glass and fitting a bolt instead. Thus removing the bolt would allow you to fill until it overflows.

      the lh casing is destroyed if a drive chain breaks - thus saving taking the engine apart to swap out a casing half and probably saving a "right off". My question is does this apply to all the models?

      Just curious

      Dan