Re: horn volume, battery hold down strap and rear luggage rack

  • Daniel Barclay
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 12:14 AM
      Battery might be failing...
      The battery might be undersized
      Set up a search on eBay with email alerts and note max weight limit of 10lbs and they do break but can be alu welded back together

      Some people upgrade the horn. Small compact air horns work well.
      Have a nice trip Steve.

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "st.mccarney" <st.mccarney@...> wrote:

      > Hello, earlier this year I purchased a 2001 Triumph Trophy 1200 with approximately 13K miles on it. I definitely have been enjoying the bike. Hopefully next year I'll be able to do some touring with it. because I would like to go to Americade and AMA vintage days with it. However I need to get some input/comments on the following 3 questions?
      >
      > 1. At idle the horn is not very loud. However when the RPM are increased above approximately 1500, the volume of the horn does increase. It with normal?
      >
      > 2. The rubber battery hold down strap is basically too long and does not do a good job of holding the battery is place. Is with normal?
      >
      > 3. If anyone can help me locate a authentic Triumph factory rear luggage rack. It would be greatly appreciated. I realize this is a difficult one because these items are getting extremely hard to find.
      >
      > Have a nice day
      > Steve McCarney
      > Rochester NY

    • Bryan Nill
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 12:47 AM
        As for the horn. The factory wiring and switch will limit its volume.

        My 02 was quiet also until...

        I mounted a relay just above the horn itself. I ran a dedicated hot straight from the battery to the relay. Then the relay to the horn. The a neg wire from the horn back to the battery. Connecting the stock horn wiring to the relay coil contacts.

        Now all the factory wiring controls is the relay. The horn gets full battery voltage they the relay.

        As for the strap, mine is loose also.

        On the gas till ya see God, then brake!!!