Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Overheating

  • apsllp@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
      The service bullitin was issued in the early 2000's.  Many dealers were not aware of it.  In addition, the bullitin called for using insulation displacement (cheap) splices, instead of designing the fix proper with solder and heat shrink.

      By now, the dis similar metals between the harness and splice would have initiated corrosion.  Mine had, and I took things appart, cut out the corroded wire and replaced it.

      No more overtemplight false indications or fan not working issues.

      The bullitin is listed in the FAQ's.
      Bob