Re: Overheating

  • samthesidecar
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 29, 2013
      Hi Bob,
      Mobil 1 5/30 oil, what service bulitin ( I would guess so as it was dealer serviced until it was laid up).
      Had a run out to Anglesey Circuit at the weekend, cooling system behaved perfectly - but I did mislay the rear light lens on the way home!!
      Sam.

    • apsllp@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
        The service bullitin was issued in the early 2000's.  Many dealers were not aware of it.  In addition, the bullitin called for using insulation displacement (cheap) splices, instead of designing the fix proper with solder and heat shrink.

        By now, the dis similar metals between the harness and splice would have initiated corrosion.  Mine had, and I took things appart, cut out the corroded wire and replaced it.

        No more overtemplight false indications or fan not working issues.

        The bullitin is listed in the FAQ's.
        Bob