Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: 2003

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2013
    Bob;
        What is the difference between the frames on the two bikes? It looks like the front part of the frame looks the same so there must be a difference in the rear section of the frame. My questions really is how to turn my Trophy into a "TrophyBird"? I like the BBBB, Brakes, and wheels of the Trophy but wouldn't mind having it low like the T'Bird. That wouldn't REALLY lower the COG but would sure give these old legs more leverage when she starts to topple. I haven't even come close to dropping her for a long time until the other day pulling out of a parking lot onto A1A. The car in front of me started to go and abruptly stopped so I had to as well. That left me with the read wheel in the parking lot and the front wheel on the pavement. That lined my feet up with the gutter and extended the distance to the ground. Luckily I was able to pull up a couple of inches against the bumper of the car and reach the ground with my tip toe! Whew! Close call! I won't do that one again!
        I've attached a picture of a novel combination that looks like a fun bike to ride. I hope it comes through OK.
    Regards.
    Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB
    On 7/29/2013 10:11 AM, apsllp@... wrote:
    Dan:

    I own both a 1200 2001 Trophy and a 1996 T-Bird 900.

    There is a world of difference between the 2 bikes.  The Trphy is much taller and way more top heavy.  Adding luggage, gear and a tank bag only makes it more to handle.

    RIDE the Trophy for a good afternoon before you pull that trigger to make sure its the right bike for you.