Re: Trophy meet 19th and 20th July

  • Miles French
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 17, 2013
      How far do we all want to go on Saturday? We could take in Camber / Dungeness AND Brighton. Of course if we got up at dawn we could do the entire coastline of Kent and Sussex...We should bear in mind that on a sunny summer Saturday some of the roads will be heaving with traffic, and I suppose a posse such as ours can't cut through traffic quite like a single bike can. Best bits might be roads like the B road that runs along the northern edge of the Downs from Lewes to Ditchling, because anyone sensible won't try to get to the sea that way. Some nice pubs / cafes on the way, such as Wessons in Horam, the Golden Galleon on the Cuckmere river, and of course the biker cafe on Madeira Drive on Brighton seafront. Don't forget your swimming trunks !!
      Miles

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "a2" <adeux60@...> wrote:

      > Sounds good I was planning on heading south easterly and coming back south westerly and linking along the coast. Just depends on departure time?????
      > Sounds like we have a plan just need to identify some stops...bike cafes etc.
      > Cheers Miles
      >

      > Dan
      >

      > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Miles French" <miles.a.french@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dan
      > > I've been having a look at routes. I've never done a ride-out before on purpose, but I've got mixed in with a couple co-incidentally. I suppose the ideal is a mix of roads with windy bits, fast bits, scenery, and places to stop and not drink beer. I remember some roads in the Camber Sands area and they are a good choice, but selfishly I would be a long way from Brighton. Could I steer you all a little bit more southwards - perhaps down the A267 to Eastbourne (I don't know that road) then up to Beachy Head, and on along the A259 to Newhaven (nice road winding through the Downs) up to Lewes where there is an opportunity for quitters to turn back to the camp-site, then along the B2116 then turning to twist up over the Downs again on the Ditchling Road, and so down into Brighton. Only 60 miles total, but probably an hour and a half or more. Routes back to the camp-site could be more direct - the obvious one being 30 miles and about 40 - 45 mins.
      > > What do you reckon? As I say, I have no idea really what is required.
      > > Miles
      > >
      > > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "a2" <adeux60@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Have you got a ride out idea that gets you to Brighton pm? I was thinking of taking in camber sands but bear in mind likely flexible departure time.
      > >
      > > > Dan

    • a2
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 18, 2013
        I have laid on some soft drinks and some tinnys. There are BBQ area all ready to go - don't even need matches. There is a kettle on the go as required. Would be nice to settle on a run so people have got our timings. Anyone want the listing of mobile numbers then email me quick.. Please text an arrival time so that we arrange to meet rather than bugger off without you.

        Additional meet ace cafe Friday lunch.
        Start texting your etas as soon as on road so that we can get extra sausages and mash before you arrive.....

        Assume arrivals ace circa 1200 probable latest departure 1400
        Dan
        A2