Re: [TriumphTrophy] Bike stops running every 12 km (8 miles) for no apparent reason

  • Triumphmotorcycleman Triple
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1, 2013
      Hi Jason,

      Here's a downloadlink to the Workshopmanual.
      I have a 1994 Trident  too, next to a Speed Triple 900, 750 and Sprint 900
      Regards,

      Koos

      http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/86748990/file.html

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 1, 2013
        Yes have shop manual and have located sensor - Canada Day today so will leave this for tomorrow (family celebrations). When I posted was late and did not go through the manual until after I read all of your feedback and suggestions this morning. Yes tach dropped to 0 immediately as I was pulling over and downshifting...something I noticed at the time but forgot until you mentioned it.
        Pointing to the sensor more and more. Hope I can clean it - re-gap and get me going again (if not finding a cheap one is next best thing).
        Thanks for everyone's input - much appreciated.
        Will let the group know how it goes in a few days
        Jason

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 1, 2013
          Now that you mention it ... exactly  what happened each time.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 8, 2013
            Had a similar problem with my BBBB,starved of fuel bike will stop quite suddenly with no power, a clue is if it will fire with the choke on, if it does fire its fuel for definite. My problem turned out to be a faulty vacuum line to the tap. I had a coil go down recently this is quite a different fault.