Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: engine cut out

  • apsllp@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2013
      Nice one A2!  If the battery is fresh, any drop in voltages (resistance) would come from corosion. This of course is asside from the coils.  And the only way to test a coil at operating temperature and under load is by substitution.

      And that only after one decants the carbs. (I just had to add that one in for good measure).  Now it's time for a pint of Dark Ale and digging back into a Yamaha 3 cyl 2 cycle 1200 motor!

      Known failure point, Yamaha tie wrapped the oil injection lines to the #1 Carb.  Oil line shrinks, comes off the pump and injection port.  Jet ski motor gets no oil and locks up.   Getting to it is worse than changing a Stock Trophy air cleaner!

      Bob Clark
      01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
      96 BRG T-Bird 900

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 22, 2013
        Voltage or lack of it at the coils also indicates the voltage getting to the ignitor! Or not!

        1200 two stroke......wow....

        A2