Re: [TriumphTrophy] What do you think?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2013
      Removing the fuel gauge sending unit also leaves a fairly large hole should the parts not arrive promptly out of the filler cap. The spring would also have a few things to snag itself on if it came in contact the sending unit also. The spring shouldn't be in there long enough to create a lot of damaging rust if you only run one tank. Sounds like a logical plan to me.
      Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB
      On 6/19/2013 12:46 PM, Steve Walker wrote:
      I was filling my 1200 Trophy gas tank and the end of the gasoline can's pressure valve broke and fell into the tank,,, the parts consist of at least one spring about 1/2 inch across and 1.5inches long and at least one piece of plastic.  I think I will attempt to ride until the tank is very empty, and then remove it and try to shake the parts out the filler cap,,, What do you think of my theory?

      --
      Steve Walker
      Mornings on Generations 1023/941 WZGN