Re: [TriumphTrophy] Carbs question

  • Jason Hart
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2013
      I used some silicon grease which also worked ... very important that the boots are properly installed between carbs and engine ... no air leaks!  If not, you will not be able to tune the carbs .. not to mention issue of dirty air entering the cylinders!
      Jason

      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2013

        I even ordered new intake rubbers from Triumph. After three months they look just as bad as the originals. Cracks all over the exterior. So to make a long story short. They are likely in better shape than they look. Silicone spray or grease works fine. And certainly helps with the wrestling match required during installation.

        Best wishes,
        Samuel