Re: sidestand switch ? Clutch switch ? Neutral Switch ? TWO problems

  • slovcan
    Message 1 of 10 , May 6, 2013
      Valid point, Gordon. I did this 8-10000 kms ago. So far no issues and everything works as it should. Mind you, I made 3-4 swipes with the emery cloth and changed the oil twice since then. So, for caution, just a couple of swipes, run the engine to check results and change the oil. Or, heed Gordon's good advice and just use the tip of the screwdriver.

      Cheers,
      Glenn

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "gordon2xbbb" <gordon.smith29@...> wrote:

      > Just hang on a minute....are you sure it is wise to introduce something very abrasive to the insides of a gearbox ???
      >
      > That's why I would recommend just using the TIP of a long thin screwdriver blade to GENTLY ABRADE the selector drum neutral segment. That will remove the surface patina and not leave anything in there that can do untold damage to seals and bearings...once it's in the oil you never know where it will get to before it gets trapped in the filter...
      >
      > Emery paper or cloth is coated with Carborundum paste - same sort of stuff you use to lapp in valves....you leave any of that stuff in your engine at your peril.
      > Would you add a pinch of sand perhaps for good luck ?
      > No, I don't think so..
      >
      > If you think I'm talking tosh then PLEASE exercise extreme caution and don't cock it up..
      >
      > Cheers
      > Gordon
      > 2xBBB
      > Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK
      >
      > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "slovcan" <slovcan@> wrote:
      >

      > and the contact plate inside the gearbox with a bit of emery cloth secured to the blade of a common screwdriver. Make sure to use a long enough piece of emery cloth that it comes far enough up the screwdriver shaft so it can't accidentally fall of INSIDE the gearbox.

    • Greg

        Message 3 of 10 , May 7, 2013
          Yes, Greg. That might have worked, too. I forgot what may have been the key thing that I did. I thinned the aluminum sealing washer a good bit to try to give the switch that much better contact with the tab.

          Cheers,
          Glenn