Re: Split diaphram - will that give my symptoms?

  • slovcan
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2013
      Hi guys,

      You should be able to check the diaphragm/slider action without running the engine. Lift the slides with your finger and let them drop. They should drop slowly and approximately the same speed. If one drops quicker, that's the one to look more closely at. Mind you, my only experience is with Keihins.

      Also, don't EVER spray carb cleaner into the carb inlets. Destroys the diaphragms.

      And yes, the split diaphragm will definitely give the symptoms described. Also, the fallen out enrichment jets from the floats will cause hard starting.

      Cheers,
      Glenn