Luggage lock cylinder replacement

  • Scotty
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2013
      I'm very needy today! I want to change out a couple of the lock cylinders on my 97 Trophy luggage but I can't figure out how to take them out of the latch mechanism. Is there a pictorial or tutorial somewhere that I can look at?
    • a2
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2013
        Dismantle from the rear
        A2

        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2013
          Huh?
          I can get the latches out of the bags, I can see the backside of the cylinders but I can't figure out how to pop them out of the latches themselves. Do they just push in? Are there tabs or tangs I have to compress to make them release?

        • dtgreeno@frontier.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2013

            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Scotty" <scottybm2@...> wrote:

            > Huh?
            > I can get the latches out of the bags, I can see the backside of the cylinders but I can't figure out how to pop them out of the latches themselves. Do they just push in? Are there tabs or tangs I have to compress to make them release?
            >

            > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "a2" <adeux60@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Dismantle from the rear
            > > A2
            > >
            > > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Scotty" <scottybm2@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'm very needy today! I want to change out a couple of the lock cylinders on my 97 Trophy luggage but I can't figure out how to take them out of the latch mechanism. Is there a pictorial or tutorial somewhere that I can look at?

          • poppajack1200
            Message 5 of 6 , May 7, 2013
              Hi A2,
              How have you been? Spring is here, and time to ride. As for your the manufacturer of your set a call. Mine were made by GIVI, but I'm not certain who makes the lock on your newer model. When I have had a question, I called , and talked to a customer rep. He helped me fix the trouble over the phone! I've had them 18 years, and have had no more trouble. I was also wondering if a good Lock -Smith might be able to fix them up for you. It couldn't hurt to ask? Best of luck Bro ! Let us know what the final fix is please? When you get the right answers finally?
              Kindest regards always, my Friend!
              Poppa Jack

              P.S. Hey my daughter Shanin, and Granddaughter Sarah get to come over to London, for a two week visit this Summer. I'm hoping I can get them to get me a very cool Motorcycle Shop Shirt from a well known Shop, and I really want an "ACE CAFE" shirt maybe with the "TON" written in it somewhere. Any suggestions for a great, and well known Shop?
              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "a2" <adeux60@...> wrote:

              > Dismantle from the rear
              > A2
              >
              > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Scotty" <scottybm2@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm very needy today! I want to change out a couple of the lock cylinders on my 97 Trophy luggage but I can't figure out how to take them out of the latch mechanism. Is there a pictorial or tutorial somewhere that I can look at?

            • tritonrat
              Message 6 of 6 , May 7, 2013
                http://www.acecafeshop.com/

                There ya go Poppa...Check it out for yourself

                'H'