Re: [TriumphTrophy] Petcock cleaning without a rebuild kit ?

  • John
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30 3:09 PM
      Any chance you have a picture of the finished product Joan?

      joan tabberer <rebullet@...> wrote:

      I suppose it depends upon what is wrong wit it! Mine was so stiff it btoke the pkastic knob, I took mine to pieces, cleaned and lubed it and put it back together and it now rotates with the repaired knob, and works fine...

      Joan

      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2013
        For Your Information....Sprint manufacturing are away on holiday until "Star Wars Day"....May the Fourth be with you.

        Gordon
        2xBBB
        Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, John <lmindlists@...> wrote:

        > Any chance you have a picture of the finished product Joan?
        >
        > joan tabberer <rebullet@...> wrote:
        >
        > >I suppose it depends upon what is wrong wit it! Mine was so stiff it
        > >btoke the pkastic knob, I took mine to pieces, cleaned and lubed it and
        > >put it back together and it now rotates with the repaired knob, and
        > >works fine...
        > >

        > >Joan

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2013
          Hi Clepeterd, Straight shipping. I have no idea about their holidays.

          For those that have the beautiful aluminum knob, or those that have filled the backside of the knob with epoxy and word of warning. You now have the ability to put some torque on that knob if it gets stuck. Don't force it. There is a tapered aluminum barrel inside with two little tabs on the end of the barrel. Those tabs turn a plastic valve. Twist too hard and the little taps get twisted off. Sprint Manufacturing does not have that aluminum barrel in the kit. I have not found a source for a replacement barrel.
          Greg

          "clepeterd" wrote:
          Really ? 5 days ? Did you specify expedited shipping or straight shipping ?
        • joan tabberer