Re: [TriumphTrophy] Triumph Trophy 900 on a T plate (1999)

  • Samuel Crider
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29 12:21 AM

      Well, first off find the alarm plug header and jumper near the battery. Completely cut it out and solder the two wires together. Every so often my ignition key switch will require an extra off/on exercise in order for the starter circuit to activate. Seems to only happen a few times a year. Usually after sitting up during an extended rainy period. Nevertheless, the good news is the contacts appear to have a self cleaning action. Give these a shot and let us know the results.

      Best wishes,

      Samuel

      On Apr 28, 2013 7:46 PM, "doddull" <doddull@...> wrote:
      Hi all, new member.
      My Trophy stopped on me on a run. Had to have it recovered.
      The battery is fine and on turning on the ignition all the warning lights come on , as do the lights and indicators . But on pressing the start button its dead not a click.
      I have checked the kill switch , side stand switch and fuses I even tried to bump start it ... Nothing.It doesn't have an alarm immobiliser and I've checked , cleaned and tightened the battery terminals. I'm at my wits end . Anyone any ideas. I've had the bike nearly five years and I love her more than my wife....

      ------------------------------------

      List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

      Subscribe:  TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          TriumphTrophy-digest@yahoogroups.com
          TriumphTrophy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • nigel_keating
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29 1:23 AM
        Hi have you tried pulling clutch lever in. If it cut out on you when running then it has to be something common to the starter and ignition circuit. I would use a meter and jumper lead to bypass individual components starting at the ignition switch and work through the circuit.

        Cheers, nigel
        99 BBBB nwuk
        Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 29 5:30 AM
              Hi and thanks for all your help . Found a connector block which I think is for an alarm/immobiliser. It was badly corroded. I cleaned it up and hey presto the bike sprung into life. I have sprayed the afore mentiond connector block and enclosed it in a heavy duty plastic bag and sealed it with tie wraps. Once again thanks.