Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: It's like a new bike!!!

  • Mike Stephenson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013

      Nope they are not fork springs.  It is basically a valve body in fork tube that modifies how the hydraulic action of the forks behave.  That impacts the compression and rebound dampening of the forks, improving performance.

      On Apr 23, 2013 12:54 PM, "apsllp@..." <apsllp@...> wrote:

      Front Fork springs

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013

        I finally got off my arse and rebuilt my forks. Left the stock springs and used a slightly heavier oil. It really is like having a totally new bike. She's now 50% better in high winds. And now correctly tracks in corners. Still a tad soft but a really cush ride. If only it were this easy to get a total makeover on the wife....

        Samuel

      • apsllp@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2013
          Mine doesn't, and its stock.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 24, 2013
            It doesn't have 90+thousand miles on her either Bob!
            Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB
            On 4/24/2013 7:18 AM, apsllp@... wrote:
            Mine doesn't, and its stock.

            Bob

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 24, 2013
              Screens make a big difference in handling.