Re: [TriumphTrophy] Is spring here yet?

  • ldwolfe
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2013
      Mike,
      Check the rubber caps on the carb ports....
      LDW

      From: "ktm_mike_250" <ktm.mike.585@...>
      Sender: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:23:44
      To: <TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [TriumphTrophy] Is spring here yet?

      I sure am hoping I am not jumping the gun by starting my spring once over on the Trophy. It's been a strange winter and spring - but finally it seems that riding season may indeed be around the corner in Northern Michigan.

      After a long winter's sleep trusty old Jimmy started up fairly easily. I decided to double check where I had left my jetting last fall (I had been messing with it in September). I totally forgot if I had decided it was fine or not - and was not smart enough to jot it down in my service manual like I usually do. But thanks to the group I was able to find my posts on the topic from last September, and my clear conclusion it was good! There is an occasional "pop" at low RPM that I am not going to tackle now - wasn't a problem last fall.

      Now its onto an oil change, and some other normal spring maintenance. The rain today is washing all the sand and crud off the roads, the driveway is a muddy mess though. 1/2 mile of mud on the Trophy does not sound like fun - so I will have to wait a few days for it to dry up a bit.

      Hoping for a ride SOON!

      Mike

      List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.