Re: [TriumphTrophy] Motorcycle Covers that fit

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
      Hi Tau,
        I have used a cloth tarp (nylon?) for a hundred years. I also have a M/C cover. When I want to cover my bike, I usually use the tarp. I use a 7 ft X 9 ft tarp (about $20.00 at REI). I use a length of 1/4 inch shock cord (also REI) about 2.5 ft long to tie the two ends together, and a long shoe string in the middle gromet to make a front wheel loop that just slips onto the front fender, and hold the tarp tight. You'll have to fiddle with the shock-cords to get a good fit. I've been asked where I got the "motorcycle cover" pretty often, and they are always surprised by the fact that it is just a 9ft X 7ft tarpolian, and not a real m/c cover. You can try out one of those "blue plastic" tarps to try out the idea for a couple bucks. When I'm traveling I always keep my tarp on top of my load, so I can pull it out to lay on (to take a nap on). You'll be amazed at the many uses you'll dream up with your tarp too! I've had my current tarp for over 20 years now  (on three motorcycles), so it is a very good solution to the problems tree sap causes. Good luck my Friend.
      On Apr 17, 2013, at 4:45 AM, John wrote:

      So no one uses a motorcycle cover for their bike?

      tau_zeppelin <lmindlists@...> wrote:

      Hey all. I'm needing a motorcycle cover because of all the pollen over here and for the upcoming warmer days to prevent ass-on-fire-itis. For those of you that didn't shell out the extra coin for the Triumph branded cover, what covers fit out bikes fairly well?

    • TriumphTrophy-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Ed Johnson <edljohnson2@...> wrote:
        I have a Clearview XL; the one that was made in thicker material (after the initial batch were found to be too thin and one rider suffered a broken screen whilst riding).

        Yes, it gives fantastic protection against the elements - I can ride in rain and stay totally dry. I still have my virgin original screen but it never gets used. I kept it as I intended to sell my Trophy with the OEM screen - I just never sold her.

        You can see pics of the screen if you select the Windscreens option in the FAQ file.

        This screen has the cats eye cut outs but little water ever passes through them. My first screen (which was replaced FOC) had that sliding vent thing which I never liked)

        Ken Hastie