Key under seat

  • tau_zeppelin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
      The guy I bought the bike from had a quizzical look of apathy when I asked him about the seat key and not being able to get it to do anything. I've been wanting to take a look under the seat and haven't been able to do so. Before I break something using an undue amount of force, can one of you who've done this before let me know if it's just a press in to release the seat or if the key has to be turned?
    • nigel_keating
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
        Hi just turn the key and press down on the back of the seat

        Cheers nigel
        Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

        From: "tau_zeppelin" <lmindlists@...>
        Sender: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 21:00:13 -0000
        To: <TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [TriumphTrophy] Key under seat

        The guy I bought the bike from had a quizzical look of apathy when I asked him about the seat key and not being able to get it to do anything. I've been wanting to take a look under the seat and haven't been able to do so. Before I break something using an undue amount of force, can one of you who've done this before let me know if it's just a press in to release the seat or if the key has to be turned?

      • a2
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
          Or trace the cable from the lock down the side of the seat and tug it.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
            Hey Friend,
               When my seat was new and stiff, I had to put my knee, hard into the passenger area, and turn the key at the same time for a few years. Try that, or get somebody to help you press down. Be sure to put a bit of grease on the locking mechanism. Hope this helps ya !
            On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:00 PM, tau_zeppelin wrote:

            The guy I bought the bike from had a quizzical look of apathy when I asked him about the seat key and not being able to get it to do anything. I've been wanting to take a look under the seat and haven't been able to do so. Before I break something using an undue amount of force, can one of you who've done this before let me know if it's just a press in to release the seat or if the key has to be turned?

          • John