Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Non Starting Trophy 900 1995,

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2013
      Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. I would suspect the clutch switch or the ground wire to the starter relay. Mine does the same thing if I don't pull the clutch.
      Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB
      On 3/31/2013 10:57 PM, Greg wrote:
      Hi Kevin, How about the kill switch next to the throttle?
      Greg Andrews

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "kevinperkins248@..." <kevinperkins248@...> wrote:

      Any suggestions trophy been laid up 3 years,new battery fitted turn key all lights up press to start and 'N' light fades and nothing else happens,any suggestions please

      ------------------------------------

      List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

      Subscribe:  TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          TriumphTrophy-digest@yahoogroups.com
          TriumphTrophy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • KEVIN PERKINS
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2013
        Hi All,Thanks for all the input,I pulled the choke and there is a click from under the seat,Haynes manual arrives tomorrow,so i will be able to work thru the connectiona,will let you know how i get on,once again many thanks for your suggestions,Kevin
      • chicagonort
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2013
          sounds like the sprag clutch has gone south,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

          Tim

          In a message dated 4/1/2013 8:27:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time, adeux60@... writes:

          Crickey if it hasn't moved the engine - pour engine oil into the spark plugs and let it soak through in a day or so.

          A2

        • kevinperkins248@btinternet.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
            To all who sent advice,the bike is up and running,after standing for 4 years,fitted a starter relay stripped and cleaned carbs new float bowl gaskets,tank drained and replenished,bled front brakes and stripped and cleaned rear calliper, now mot'd and starts a dream,thanks for the advice and happy riding