Re: Auxiliary Lights

  • gordon2xbbb
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 19, 2013
      Agree with Jubba on the MkI's I do - the headlight is awful. OK for straight roads, useless when it's bendy.
      That's why the MkII is so much better in the headlight department - it already has the lights tilted in the right direction to be 'good' when it's leant over...
      It's a theory...

      Following up on the Auxiliary Lights debate - I did get Sharon filthy the other day during her second shake-down run. Sun, rain, hail, mud - all in two hours. I also took her to my MoT man and we set-up those Cree DRLs using the MoT Headlight Board. Matching (as best we could) the DRL output 'pattern' to be at the same level as the bike headlights on dipped beam. No chance of dazzling oncoming vehicle drivers that way..but still way bright enough to be SEEN.

      A responsible approach ?

      Cheers
      Gordon
      2xBBB
      Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "johnbarrett4137" <johnbarrett4137@...> wrote:

      Ken, As you say you have not ridden an early Trophy I will forgive you (joking). The early bikes certainly do lack something in the lighting department as many of us have testified to.

      > > From: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
      Oh dear: I started all this. For information, my Trophy is an early one with a single headlamp that is, admittedly, better than the single headlamps on some of my earlier bikes, which included a BSA B40, but not by that much.