Deep exhaust sound

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
          Anybody got any ideas for after market mufflers that will give a deeper Harley threatening sound? I'm in the land of Harley's and I have to look at my tach to be sure my engine is running when leaving a stop light! I am NOT going to join their ranks just to make noise! 8-)
      --
      Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB

    • Steve Kreckman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2013

        In a word, Staintunes. I too found the stock mufflers to sound very much like ummm…farm machinery. I tried a set of D&D’s but found the sound to be very loud, grating, and the build quality just wasn’t there in the long run. I found a set of Staintune slipons on eBay years ago for a few hundred $ and absolutely love them. Nice deep sound but not one that will rattle your helmet or grate on you after many miles. Build quality is second to none and they have held up beautifully over the years. If you want to hear them for yourself:

        http://youtu.be/S9nuyUfp6_c

        Only downside is they are expensive and might be hard to find. I think the model # for your bike is 210C3. Keep an eye out for them on eBay or at a dealer (local or online) and you may be able to score a set at a better price.

        Cheers,

        Steve

        ’98 Trophy 900